Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgroeber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 10:21 AM
    How can I find out what is on my rental history?
    How can I see what apartments are going to see?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
    It really depends upon which agency is used to gather the information. Many landloards use your credit rating and report to discover many items. Sometimes it is better to just tell the truth this way you can explain if there are some bad circumstances. With the units I have we use credit rate,criminal investigation report/state criminal files and any other item we feel necessary to prevent problems. To many times in the past we have felt sorry for someone only to have them tare up the place and not pay the rent. Those days for us are over hopefully.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 05:29 PM

Landlords have no secret source of information, they use common background check istruments. You can run one on yourself for a nominal fee. The background will detail financial stuff and not say things like you are a difficult person or anything abut you other than financial or criminal
    Capon1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Comment on hvac1000's post
    It was helpful
    dave_cooper Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2012, 12:10 AM
    You can try http://www.RentalHistoryReport.com I am using them to checkout tenants before I rent to anyone... The simple fact that a tenant grants me access means they must be good.
    yourentmyhome Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Thank Dave_Cooper, I checked my own rental history report at www.rentalhistoryreport.com and it was good. Now I can confidently ask my future landlords to go and check my report at the above site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I get my rental history information [ 3 Answers ]

I rented a one bedroom duplex while I was attending Tx A& M University when got into some financial trouble. I informed the land lord that I could not afford the little house any more and asked if I could pay a reletting fee or something to get out of the lease. She gave me a week to get out and we...

Rental History [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, How do I go about checking and disputing rental history. I check all three of my credit reports (Equifax, Trans Union, and Experian) and I don't see anything about an eviction, but the apartment complex that I applied to say that I have that I have two on my record. I spoke with my...

2-yr. Bad rental history [ 10 Answers ]

A year ago my family rented an apt. in Delaware, and unfortunately, due to my awaiting disability benefits, we fell behind and owe about $4000. We went to court, and the only money judgment is for $1,300 - (the rest of the money is being disputed, as the court dismissed the case because the amt....

Rental History [ 3 Answers ]

I rented a public housing apartment 8 years ago when I was in college. Sometimes I did not pay the rent until I get legal papers telling me to go to court. I did this about three times, not realizing that even when I later paid the rent, it stayed on the court records as an eviction. So now I...

Rental History being withheld [ 2 Answers ]

We had a 1 yr. lease that expired almost 5 months ago and were at that time asked to re-sign another 1 yr lease. The Realtor said she would contact us when to come in and re-sign, she never called.At first we didn't mind because we knew our rent was always paid early, we never had any major...

View more questions Search