Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclavman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Thermostat Wiring -- Where to put "O" wire if I have no heat pump
    I'm trying to replace an old Dayton thermostat (Model 2E137) with a newer Honeywell (either the 6300B or the 7400). I have a Bryant 80 furnace in the basement and a Bryant Quantum Plus 550A air con outside. The Dayton thermostat has wires going to six terminals:

R, 4, Y, W, G, and O

I know that Y, W, and G go to the same terminals on the Honeywell, and I suspect that R should go to Rc and 4 should go to Rh. But what do I do with the wire currently going to O? I don't have a heat pump -- or least I don't think I do given the components I noted above.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Was O hooked up on the old Dayton thermostat? If so where does it go on the equipment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Replacing old "General Controls" thermostat. How to determine what the wire do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old "General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. The wires are labelled but not to the current standard of H1/H2/B/O/RC/RH/G/Y/W. how do I determine which wire is for what? The old thermostat controls a furnace and has a continuous fan option. ...

Furnace Wiring - Adding a common "C" wire [ 19 Answers ]

My new thermostat has uses a W,R,Y,G and now a "C". My wiring has only W,R,Y, and G and these are needed. How do I, or can I add the needed "C" wire? Is it just adding a wire from the transformer? :confused:

AMANA AC/HEAT pump will "not" turn on [ 1 Answers ]

Wall UnitT-A/C-HEAT PUMP, 230V AMANA. Older model 10 years plus+++ Unit will not turn on, no noise, groaning, no fan/compressor, etc or any noise. Have verified wall receptacle does have power! Where do I start to look? Where would most likely problem would be?

Rheem heat pump thermostat "EM" setting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem model no. RHQA 1000B heat pump, but previous homeowner left no manual for it. I am puzzled at the "EM" setting on the thermostat. I would also like to download/obtain an operation manual for this unit.

View more questions Search