Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoveisBlind Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Oct 29, 2008, 02:26 AM
    Dad's girlfriend ruining my relationship with him.
    My parents have been divorced for as long as I can remember. I believe I was six at the time, in fact. Both of my parents have new partners. My mother has a boyfriend, who I get on really well with. They have been together four years and he moved in a year ago. It is nice as with my mum, her boyfriend, my sister and me, it feels like a proper family again.

My father's girlfriend, who he has been dating on and off for six years, moved in last November. She has since been controlling and ruining our lives. Firstly the move in was quick, as my father and her had only been properly back together for a little while and we hardly saw her. Neither me nor my sister were comfortable to start with. Since then her and my father have been arguing constantly. She complains that he gives us too much attention, and she always comes second to us. She also complains because he takes us to activities at the weekend, as she feels he should be at home with her. However we always do these activities (things such as volleyball) so, why should we change them.
    Have to stop for her. If he does not change something for her (such as he once shortened a holiday with us to see her) she will then have a fit and walk out. This happens once a month, maybe twice. These fits are really over the top, and just downright crazy.
    She also says horrible things about my mum to us, which is horrible and unfair. She says when she does this, she is just trying to get us to realise the truth about our mother. She also criticises my sister and me, saying we are too spoilt and don't accept her. She says we don't really care about her father, and that she is the only one who would care if he lived or dies.

She is making me not want to be at my father's house, and even not want to be around him as she is there. I feel she is ruining my relationship with him. I feel I have no respect for him anymore.

What do I do?
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Oct 29, 2008, 04:58 AM

You need to sit down and talk to your father about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am ruining my relationship with lies that I don't even have to lie about [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfreind and I have been together for a year now and I am continusly lying to her and the stuff I lie about is so little , but then she calls me out on it and I just lie again to get out of it , what kind of problem is this I need help I don't want to lose this girl and she doesn't deserve to...

Jealousy and insecurity issue ruining relationship [ 8 Answers ]

I really need someone’s advice! Sorry this is so long but please if you want to help me just read it all the way through. I would really appreciate hearing some input on what to do. Thank you. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 10 months now and I’m watching our relationship...

My insecurities are ruining my relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I'm dating a wonderful man and we have been together almost a year. The problem is that I get upset about stupid little things. My feelings get hurt easily and I in turn act pouty and differently towards my boyfriend. This eventually turns into a fight. I've jeopardized his trust a number of...

Mental health ruining relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I am a have bi-polar disease and I also feel like I have dual personalities, there is the gentleman and the gangster I have trusted my girlfriend with this problem and she takes it in stride which is why I love her, but the mood swings they always have me feeling like she is out cheating on me I...

Dad's girlfriend/fiance [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 16 and my dad is 44. My parents got divorced about 2 years ago. I live part time with my mom and part time with my dad. About a month ago my dad started dating a girl who was interning at his office who is 18! My older sister is 19 and so this is just so creepy. Not only is it creepy but...

View more questions Search