Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Francis Bacon Grand Piano Need Age/Appr Value
    I have a Francis Bacon Grand Piano in Fair Condition and need appr value and age, the only model number I can find is "40643" That's all I can find except for the following under it on which has "112349" Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2008, 12:12 AM

Hi, peacemom!

What it's worth is monetarily would depend on many factors.

For instance, it would help to have at least the following information about it.

Do all of the notes play as they should? Can it be tuned to standard, modern pitch? When was the last time that it was tuned? Are all of the original ivories on the keys still in place? Does it have a bench that matches the style of the body of the case? What is the condition of the finish on the piano?

Those are just some of the questions that need to be addressed.

If I can dig out my Pierce Piano Atlas, I can give you the approximate age of it, but I'm not exactly sure where the book is since I have been in the process of moving my library from the downstairs to the upstairs.

I would be happy to discuss this with you. Hopefully, we can both be online here at the same time sometime.

If you could post some images of it on this thread, that would also be helpful.

I have been a piano tuner/technician since 1974 and am also a professional pianist.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the approximate value of a francis bacon baby grand piano [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for answering this question. I have a baby grand piano in good shape and would like to know its approximate worth.

Age of Francis Bacon Piano - Upright [ 11 Answers ]

I'm sorry this is a long post, I'm just trying to include as much information as I can. Hello, I just bought a Francis Bacon piano and I have been looking around for someone to tell me a little more about it. This is the only forum (and one of a handful of websites) that even gets the age of...

1931 Francis Bacon baby grand piano [ 29 Answers ]

I would like to know a price and/or history on a 1931 Francis Bacon baby grand piano.

1950 Francis Bacon Baby Grand Piano [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have information on a 1950 Francis Bacon Mahogany Baby Grand piano. Such as what a fair price would be/

Man eats bacon [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a film a long time ago where a man goes into a room asks some questions and then proceeds to eat bacon. After this is a lot of killing. Help me please!

View more questions Search