Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rainbow0077 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 04:19 PM
    How do I be happy?
    I'm tired of being depressed and yet no one believes me. I feel like all my friends hate me even though they tell me they love me, they still never have enough time for me. I'm stressed out from school and feel like a complete failure.I have a boyfriend but I'm tired of the drama about it. My sister went through depression too and had to be hospitalized and because of it and made my whole family utterly miserable. My best friend lies to me and whenever I say she did something she starts to argue with me. Plus my boyfriend and best friend never get along.I'm starting to think I hate her but if I tell her that then I would have no one to turn to. I do have a future I want to start but I can't take all the hard stuff that's between. I just want to die, but at the same time, I don't. This is all too painful and I need help but no one will help me because I'm scared I might disappoint them.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 28, 2008, 06:48 PM

Sometimes when you feel you have no one to take a minute and talk to GOD.When I felt like you, I just asked God to help me to send some one to talk to and to take this pain away. And before you know it GOd has answered your prayers..
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 12:50 PM

Having a happy and successful life is all about what you *DO*. An individual gradually becomes everything that he does, it is his identity, so it is extremely important to do all kinds of positive things and narrow it down to several things to focus on... like a couple of sports, a couple of hobbies, a group of friends, altruistic endeavors, and so on.

The more positive things you do, the less anxious and depressed you become.

It all comes down to the amount of effort you put into your life as to how much happiness you will derive from it! :)
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2008, 01:02 PM

I have personal experience with depression as well. It's OK to be sad, and I know it's depressing. It's going to be. Are you in high school? --->.<--- That's the face I continually make everyday, because I make beig mistakes ALL the time. Drama, heartbreak, bff's turning into your enemy. Things like that are normal in everyday teenage life. They come along with change. Some people don't want change some people do. And remember the dumb saying
    "Bro's before whoe's" ?
    It's very true. Maybe instead of jumping into an argument with your best friend (if that's what your doing?) ask her gently. It may help slightly. Some people are very defensive. Tell her (if you want to) that you need her to answer you honostly. If she did this. Make sure YOU aren't the one instigating an argument. Just say that you aren't here to argue you just want it resolved. That's the safest bet. And as for the no-one else to turn to; think about it. There are a lot of people in the world and lot's in places you would never think of looking. Make friends, and even if your sad, keep it on the inside until you get home etc. It helps to go to a counseler to. Talk to someone about it, and as a last resort get a medication but only as a LAST resort. That's all I can think of so far. I hope it helps. If you have any questions. Just ask me. I'll answer as well as I can.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 07:15 PM

It sounds to me like some therapy sessions could do a lot for you right now. Growing up is never easy, but sometimes it can feel downright overwhelming.

Have you ever heard of dr. wayne dyer? He has some great books and audio books that you might find uplifting, self-assuring and enlightening. I know that I love to listen to his audio books whenever I'm having a tough time. You might even be able to find some at your local library.

Hang in there, kiddo! Life does get better. You just have to be strong enough to grab the good things as they come your way.
    Rainbow0077 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    I have personal experiance with depression as well. It's ok to be sad, and I know it's depressing. It's going to be. Are you in high school? --->.<--- That's the face I continually make everyday, because I make beig mistakes ALL the time. Drama, heartbreak, bff's turning into your enemy. Things like that are normal in everyday teenage life. They come along with change. Some people don't want change some people do. And remember the dumb saying
    "Bro's before whoe's" ?
    It's very true. Maybe instead of jumping into an argument with your best friend (if that's what your doing?) ask her gently. It may help slightly. Some people are very defensive. Tell her (if you want to) that you need her to answer you honostly. If she did this. Make sure YOU aren't the one instigating an argument. Just say that you aren't here to argue you just want it resolved. That's the safest bet. And as for the no-one else to turn to; think about it. There are alot of people in the world and lot's in places you would never think of looking. Make friends, and even if your sad, keep it on the inside until you get home etc. It helps to go to a counseler to. Talk to someone about it, and as a last resort get a medication but only as a LAST resort. That's all I can think of so far. I hope it helps. If you have any questions. Just ask me. I'll answer as well as I can.
    I'm in middle school.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 16, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Rainbow, I think that if you talked to a counselor they would really be able to help you feel better.
    I know it's difficult and awkward to think of talking to a stranger about your problems, but they are actually very helpful! They can help you see what is really important, and how to deal with your worries and problems.
    I have been there myself and felt that way when I was in middle school too. I am 22 now and seeing a counselor, and I wish I had much sooner. You can talk to your school counselor, or tell your parents you'd like to see one? I'm sure they would want you to feel better and to get help too, especially with your sister, they want to make sure you are all right.

If you need to vent or talk about anything you can always come here and we are here for you. But try to remember that the situations you are in now will not always be that way. When you get to high school a lot will change, much of it for the better. Hang in there and it will be all right, I promise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be happy? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last 3 years I have been having a tough time. I nearly lost my unborn twins as they suffered from twin to twin transfusion .After they where born 9 weeks early my partner left me soon after. This was a stressful time for me as I already had a daughter that was 7 at the time. All I want to...

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

I'm not happy [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not happy. I'm not depressed, angry, or sad. I used to be a happy go lucky kind of girl. I'd smile and sing in my car. I'd even dance around my livingroom with my daughter or even alone. These days I just sit and watch her. I'm just not happy. I can't remember the last time I laughed. I get...

I haven't been really happy with him [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years, we just had a baby, but for the past two years of being together, I haven't been really happy with him. He's in the military and he's always busy with so many things, but he never makes time for me. Our communication is bad, every time we talk, we...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search