Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharmy Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2006, 05:05 AM
    Does Shea Butter help for lighten uneven skin tone ?
    Hello folks,

I am using pinch of saffron strand in boiled milk ( a glass) to drink everyday Since March 2006. Some of my friends said it will lighten the skin but it is going to take long term ( the funny thing is I never read from any of science page proven results:D ). Well my friends and I can notice one shade of colour different but I had dark knees and elbows, these colours doesn't changed a lot:( . Every day I am using Avon body lotions ( Since March too) but right now I am not sure which one is helping me:rolleyes: I'd like to use any good pills with this routine instead of stupid creams which will harm our skin. Did any one of you had any luck with pills? Sorry... my english is not very good to understand.
    chadazi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 27, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Sheabutter I think softens/moisturise skin and eradicate stretchmarks in some cases.
    sharon1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 12:38 PM
    Be careful with shea butter. It can really clog your pores and cause breakouts! If you have sensitive skin, stay away from it!
    chadazi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 31, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Don't know of pills that lighten skin I know awanshine or fair and flawless, makari is OK but it will give pimples and terrible breakouts. Stay far far away from makari.
    Grace6191 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
    You could try making one of those homemade masks.

Follow the directions/ingrediants, but instead of using water use some yogurt.

Yogurt has a natural lightening agent in it.
    nyafor5ya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
    A way to lighten your skin is making a face mask.
    Ingredients:
    *milk
    *vinegar(or apple cidar vinegar)
    *flour
    *water
    Pour milk and vinegar in a container or bowl and stir,Then add the water but just a little water.Then Pour 3 spoon fulls of flour in (or as much needed to make a thick paste) to make a paste. Put the facial mask spread around your entire face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. If you want a big difference in your skin color do this everyday.If you are only wanting your skin to be lighter by a shade then do this 2-3 times a week and your results will be amazing! Glad I could help. Have a Great Day! Email me for any questions :)[email protected]
    SammySingally Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Be careful with shea butter. It darken's my mum and I's skin. Like, imagine a white (mum) using it on her skin then there's a very obvious dark film-ish look to her skin some time later. Or imagine a mixed raced girl (me) with quite tanned skin who uses it and then looks so so dark afterwards (obviously darker than she already was).

This doesn't happen for everyone or so I've heard, but be careful with it. Try it on your inner arm or the side of your thigh where no one'll see for about 2 or so weeks, it gets darker, you know that shea butter is a total no-no for your skin. Nothing happens, you can use it. But my advice is to keep trying it out on that spot on your thigh when you use it (for about 2 weeks more) to be sure that it won't eventually darken your skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get Rid Of Dark Spot Caused From Pimples And Even Skin Tone [ 15 Answers ]

I‘m african american and relatively dark,I get pimples once in a while but once they gone they leave dark black spots, I want should I do ,I use clearasil but didn't fadeaway black spots.I want to fade away the black spots and have an even skin tone.I don't want a lotion that makes me so light such...

What works to lighten skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have some dark spots on my face from acne scars and I also have very dark knees. There are so many creams out there I have no idea what to try. Has anyone ever used Ma Ma Lotion? I'm thinking about trying that. Does anyone have any suggestions of what will work fast?

Even skin tone [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a young woman of east indian descent with dark brown skin that is extremely uneven. I don't have the time to spend loads of cash on skin lightening treatments, and I am only trying to lighten certain parts of my body, specifically the skin around my mouth, underarms, elbows and knees,...

Color changes in skin tone [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in skin color between the palms of hands and lips;what is the difference in the skin color between the genitals and the soles of the feet;what is the difference in the skin color and thickness in the palms of the hand of a person who does heavy manual labor and one who does...

Do l-glutathione really lighten the skin complexion? Please help! [ 1 Answers ]

I value your opinion. Do you know if l-glutathione actually can lighten a person's skin complexion and achieve an even skin tone?? I'm happy with my skin tone but I want to get rid of my ugly stretch marks which reminds me on overweight years as a teenager.. I just want to be able to wear a bikini...

View more questions Search