Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CherrieRed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Home School Resources Needed
    I am currently home schooled and am searching for classes online. Does anybody know a site where I can get free classes? I live in Ga and need resources for home school. Thanks for any help in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 05:59 PM

First don't take this wrong but your parents should be looking, since esp in GA they are responsible for your schooling and to report to the local school board.

Next no, there will not be free classes, some home school is inexpensive ( to a degree) for example Seaton ( a catholic home school) do not charge too much but they are not online, they use books and the such.

But your parents can design in GA your own class work, using public lib books or other material,
    CherrieRed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    first don't take this wrong but your parents should be looking, since esp in GA they are responsible for your schooling and to report to the local school board.

Next no, there will not be free classes, some home school is inexpensive ( to a degree) for example Seaton ( a catholic home school) do not charge too much but they are not online, they use books and the such.

But your parents can design in GA your own class work, using public lib books or other material,
    First, My parents are looking, it just happened that I was on the site and posted the question. Ok thanks for your advice. Were looking for things online that aren't to expensive. So public library's have like text books and things?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 06:29 PM

Home school does not have to always be a "text" book, it can be any type of study in a area.

There are research books of all sorts in every subject you can think of.

But depending on your interest and other things, in Atlanta, there is a program where you go to a actual class a couple days a week and then do the balance at home, there are dozens of home school groups that meet and help.

Most of your christian book stores have the several of the better home school programs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion Designer needed to answer 10 questions for required school project [ 1 Answers ]

I really need two fashion designers to interview for a required school project. It will take ten minutes and I will NOT give ANY information of yours away. If you are willing to answer a few questions, email me! Thank you SO much for whoever helps me with this... you don't know how much this means...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Must Sell Home but don't have the resources [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: I am in a bind to sell my home because I can no longer afford to pay the mortgage. I have since found out three days before listing that my "7yr" old roof is leaking. I have no problem with that because that can be a credit to the new buyers. However, I have since found out that a permit...

Time needed to finish medical school? [ 2 Answers ]

How many years does it takes to study in medical school? And how many years is the internship?:confused:

View more questions Search