Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Can I adopt or at least meet my birth half sister?
    This sounds just like BrandiCyr's question. I was wondering if I could possibly adopt or at least find my little half sister, she's seven or eight and my parents would love to adopt her. I would love to have her. As soon as I found out I was angry that my birth mother didn't keep her. I don't know what her name is but it's possible to find out. Please. Someone help me.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 03:40 PM

I'm confused here.

Did your birthmother put BOTH of you up for adoption? Or is she the child of your father but not your mother?

Either way, we need more details about this situation to be able to help you.

Oct 29, 2008, 12:38 PM
    She's the child of my birth mother. She's not the child of my birth father. So she's my little half sister. She was born on 2000. Do you think I could? Or is there no hope even trying to find her. Because even if I can't adopt her I just want to check to make sure she's not drifting around in a foster home. I would have major problems with anything to that extent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2008, 12:43 PM

Ok so you live with your birth father and his current wife?

In any case, you would need to try and find out whether she was adopted or placed in the foster care system. If she is in foster care or an orphange, then you might be able to have your parents adopt her.

However, finding her with the limited info you have is not going to be easy. You need to know exactly when and where she was born and what your birth mom did to give her up.

Oct 29, 2008, 01:39 PM

Well, actually, I don't live with my birth dad. I got adopted to another family. I want my blood sister with me. But I don't necissarily want to pull eh froma foster home if she's happy there. I know what my birth moms name is and I know what my birth dads name is and I know where my birth mom was born. Will that help at all?

Oct 29, 2008, 04:08 PM

Not really. Knowing your birth mother's name helps, but only if you know where and when your sister was born.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 05:40 AM

Wait... so YOU were adopted, and your birthmother had another child, one that she either ALSO placed for adoption or that MIGHT be in the foster care system, but you don't know?

Legally, you have no ties to your birthmother or your birthsister. The odds of the court giving you preferential treatment, or of giving your adoptive parents preferential treatment (if you are not over 18) is pretty low if your birthmother didn't designate them as the chosen adoptive parents to begin with.

Oct 30, 2008, 02:10 PM

... Darnit. Well... One day when sh's older I hope I'll be able to meet her at least once. See what she looks like and other things. Talk to her maybe. That's it. Well. I'll let it go for now, but I'm not going to give up hope! :D Thank you very much for the answers.

Oct 30, 2008, 04:36 PM

There are sites where adoptees can place their information so birth parents and siblings can find them if they want to look. You might want to register at sites like those.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
    This sounds just like BrandiCyr's question. I was wondering if I could possibly adopt or at least find my little half sister, she's seven or eight and my parents would love to adopt her. I would love to have her. As soon as I found out I was angry that my birth mother didn't keep her. I don't know what her name is but it's possible to find out. Please. Someone help me.

You can't get this info until you are of legal age. At that time you can register at an adoption site and hope she also posts. Most sites then put you in contact with each other.

But, again, you have to be an adult to do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about half-brother and half-sister? [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this movie in the early 90s but can't remember the name. All I know is that the half brother is madly in love w/ his half sister and goes crazy over her. She doesn't love him but is worried about her mentally challenged sister who lives in a home. Does anyone know about this movie?

Looking for half-sister [ 5 Answers ]

I have her first, middle & maiden name. She was born around 1942. How can I search using a maiden name?

How do I find my half sister? [ 4 Answers ]

My birth mother had another child and she was also submitted into foster care. I am now adopted, but I was hoping to find her and adopt her into MY family. Does anyone know a way to go about doing this?:confused:

How can I find out if my sister is half... or full? [ 9 Answers ]

I met my 15 year old sister recently and many people say she looks like me a lot. I always knew she was my moms kid but never thought she was my dads. They where divorced long ago but not before she could have been concived. I know there are tests that can be taking but is their one that can be...

View more questions Search