Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terimiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
    4 gang mud ring
    Im looking for a 4 gang mud ring w/1" raise. Does anyone know who, if anyone, makes them?
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Oct 28, 2008, 02:09 PM

They don't have them around here. Your best bet is to replace the box with a four gang, or install 3gang mud ring, and double stack device ------->Unless someone knows of a 4 gang mud ring. My suppliers says they do not make them!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Looks like T&B makes a 15/16" deep 4 gang mud ring. Close enough.

http://www.tnb.com/fulltilt/pdf/4GC.pdf

Oct 28, 2008, 04:16 PM

TK is correct! I just called my supplier, and they have them. I guess my laziness caught-up to me!

Terimiller,

You may have to go to an electrical supplier to find them.

Thanks TK! Hell, I was looking for one last year, and every supplier I deal with (Platt; Tacoma Electric; Stoneway; and CED) told me exactly what I told Terimiller.

Nice! :D

Hope Terimiller got this!?
    terimiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 04:17 PM
    That helps. Thanks guys!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
    I know what the problem is, when you ask a counter guy for something nowadays, all they do is look int the computer for exactly what you ask for. The older guys years ago knew materials, and know to look for other options.

I I learned to more knowledgeable, and ambitious, than inside sales and counter men. And with the net, if it is out there I will find it.

Things have changed in the industry, I use to know guys years ago could rattle off all the catalog numbers like a horserace sheet.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    I use to know guys years ago could rattle off all the catalog numbers like a horserace sheet.
    My main guy is like that. :cool:
    He scares me sometimes. :eek:

Oct 28, 2008, 05:48 PM

I agree--High turn-over can kill you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gang Violence [ 5 Answers ]

Is the gang violence worse in federal prison than in state prison?

3 Gang Box.not a clue [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all... New York City here. I have to use BX... code. I have 2-wire( there is no ground in BX by the way in 2-wire) ran from the breaker. It is for my bathroom. The house was built in 1938 or 1939. The entire top floor (2 bedrooms and 1 bath) is all run on ONE breaker!! That is how...

5 gang switch box [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 5 gang metal switch box with 5 switches. I want to eliminate one of the switches so I have only 4 switches. I don't want to use a blank to fill the hole with no switch. I want to use a switch plate for 4 switches. Can I cover the hole with a metal plate and mud over it so it looks like a 4...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Is Congress a Gang? [ 1 Answers ]

"Is Congress a gang, and does it need to be abated?" And we not-so-assertively assert that "Sometimes Congress could be a gang, depending on the future use and misuse made of Senate bill 155 -- the Gang Abatement and Prevention Act." And so could your motorcycle club, your chess club, your rose...

View more questions Search