Ask
    Madyson Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 11:10 AM
    How do you define deviance
    Explain what it means to say that deviance is socially defined:confused:
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 12:00 PM

Deviance (sociology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Fastfun1 Posts: 80, Reputation: 11

Nov 9, 2008, 08:31 AM

Deviance is defined by the society in which the diavance itself is executed. As a member of Western civilization, I have many forces that influence my behaviors and opinions and ultimatly what I consider deviant. Most notably are those ingrained simply via osmosis during my early development, others include direct schooling, religious involvement and even a state goverened system of law. What I took away from the aforementioned is a set of morals, norms and/or mores. Therefore, based on my experiences within my society, I have an ingrained sense of what I believe to be deviant. As other societies differ, so do their opinions of what may or may not be deviant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Define God [ 36 Answers ]

Once I was asked if I believe in God, I replied "Define God!" A reply that elicited a look of surprise. I, personally, don't buy much of what I've read in the bible since the bible was written by man. Man as you know is a cunning creature, loaded with vanity, and a war-like, pitifully God-like...

Approaches to deviance [ 1 Answers ]

Define the three sociological approaches to deviance

Define f(x) [ 1 Answers ]

Need help understanding the term "f of x" or f(x)?

Define harassment [ 15 Answers ]

According to Michigan law; what is the definition of and what constitutes harassment. I have a nosey neighbor that I tried just to ignore last summer but it has already started again this summer. Her complaint is that I have a play set in my front yard. She sent the ordinance enforcement officer...

Someone Please define hooking up for me. [ 4 Answers ]

As I am creeping up on 40, I have lost some of the lingo, that is going around, I drive a bus for a living, and hear kids talk all the time, I constantly hear them say Ya, I was at a party and I hooked up with this one and then later I hook up with that one Someone Please define hooking...

View more questions Search