Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikolacooper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Houseplants and frost
    We had our first frost last night. I have had my house plants outside since early spring, and didn't even think about them and the frost. They are sitting right next to the house and there is a tree overhead. I'm wondering if they are going to be all right...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 09:10 AM

Houseplants don't respond well to frost. Why don't you bring them indoors ?
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Oct 28, 2008, 09:14 AM

Depending on the kind of plant, they may be all right if you bring them in and make sure you give TLC. Spider Plants especially are resillient. I have one that I did the same thing to a few years ago. By the time I got around to bringing the poor thing in, it was nearly dead. Fortunately, with my limited plant skills, I managed to keep it alive, and it's doing wonderfully.
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frost in attic [ 4 Answers ]

24 by 40 house on cement slab, twenty yrs old. Roof is well vented, (just added more vents) and two feet of insulation added on top of the original. Frost forms on inside of roof on north side. The north and east walls have frost with changes to water and leaks out onto floor close to N and...

Cat and houseplants [ 3 Answers ]

We have just brought our houseplants back inside from them being outside all summer. Our youngest cat (11 months old) likes to get in the planters and play in the soil tossing it out onto the floor. Any suggestions on what we can do to keep her out?

Cats chewing on houseplants [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do to keep my cat from chewing on real and artificial houseplants?

Frost on the inside [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question Id like to see if anyone can help me with before I call a service tech. On the inside of my A/C unit where it meets up with the furnace I have a lot of frost build up on the copper lines. I am new to the central air and have always had swamp coolers. I changed the filter and...

Houseplants [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a plant,"Ivy Starling",I followed the light and water instructions and for the first few months it was lovely. Then some of the stems started drying up . I had treated it for aphids and it did not seem to hurt it. When it started dying,I repoted with fresh soil and a clean pot. It seemed...

View more questions Search