Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stickmanchris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Slow filling cistern
    Hi,

I have a single push button cistern, the flush mech and float tap (bottom entry) are produced by SIAMP and I have attached pics of both.

The problem has only recently began to occur, when the button is pushed fully the toilet flushes but the button takes a couple of seconds to pop back into place, the cistern then takes around 20 minutes to fill back to the required level for flush.

I have made sure there are no obstructions stopping the float from moving and ensured the valve at the base of the flush mech is sealing properly but can't determine what's causing only a small amount of water to enter the cistern.

Also upon examining where the water exits the float tap the water is under a high pressure when filling the cistern but takes ages to fill.

Thanks in advance for your time and hope to find a solution.

Chris
    GjM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Can anyone help with this question as I have exactly the same problem. I have taken the assembly to pieces but without luck. I used to be a plumber but have never come across one of these Foreign valves before, it has got me foxed. Help please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cistern not filling [ 4 Answers ]

I have a push button toilet, and the cistern has stopped filling. Water is entering the cistern, though slowly. I filled it with a bucket, and 5 minutes later it was empty, so I think it's not holding the water, it's trickling down into the toilet. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Slow filling cistern [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my dad has just installed a new push button cistern. The instructions were not very helpful however every thing looked OK, but when we connected the water we found that the cistern was filling very slowly. Right now its taking about 20 minutes to fill, there isn't any hissing jet of water, and...

Slow filling Cistern [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have read the adviice about the slow filling cistern but the problem I'm having is getting the push button lid off in the first place. It's a Vileroy and Bosh I'm trying to unscrew it but it is not untightening and is annoyingly going around in circles.:mad: Is there a magic...

Slow filling cistern [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet is the push-button variety. Recently, the cistern takes about 30 minutes to fill after flushing. When I remove the cistern lid, the cistern is filling but water is spraying slightly from the joint that controls the level of water in the cistern. I've now idea where the water comes into...

Slow filling toilet cistern [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, we have a push button toilet which has just started to fill really slowly. Inside, there looks like there's a plastic arm with one end stopping a jet of water and the other end pivoting on the float. The end that stops the jet of water is hissing water out of the top whilst there's just a...

View more questions Search