Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Every one has a twin
    Well, guys and gals, we have all heard that everyone has a twin somewhere in this world. Well, my daughter found hers in 3rd grade and they have been best friends ever since. My husband could not even tell them apart for a brief moment after he met the twin. Their third grade teacher had to put them on different sides of the room and their swim team coach makes them wear swim caps of different colors.

So, my question here is:

Have any of you met your twin? Or do you know someone who has?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 7, 2006, 05:11 PM
    I met mine at the age of 16. She lived in the same town too. One day at the bustop, I thought I was seeing things, but there she was. The ironic thing was that we both had step-fathers and they were both Engineers.

Anything's possible.

Expert

Jun 7, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Pretty weird, isn't it!!

Even us mothers get the two mixed up every once in a while.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Yes, one day I was reading Mad magazine and there I was... Alfred E. Newman. I thought he was a real person but come to find out, they stole my picture from an ugly kid contest my mother had entered me in and illegally used it all these years! So to sum it all up... no, I have not met my twin since I was actually the twin I thought I had found. As for Chery's post, I think I would look into that a little deeper.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 7, 2006, 06:08 PM
    I know that every body has a twin it is just my wife had my sons when she had him. Twin boys
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Well I hope they don't look like me! :)
    Expert

Jun 7, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Mag, you truly have the face only a mother can love!!

Oops, sorry Alfred

Jun 7, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Thank good they look like there mother.
    My avatar is a self portrait
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 08:22 PM
    This is slightly off topic, but my biological mother, who was a paranoid schizophrenic, insisted that when she had me she had given birth to twins. Even when she was relatively stable on meds she insisted that I had a twin sister whom the doctors had stolen from her. When I was younger I used to wish it was true, but I haven't met my twin yet. :(

Jun 7, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Just keep looking they are out there probable looking for you.

Jun 7, 2006, 09:12 PM
    These are my twins
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
    WOOW! That kind of rattles me. Do you think there is even a slight chance that she was telling the truth. I think we once spoke about writing a novel. There you go. Sounds like a good story to me.

Just kidding Demon, that are very cute!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 12:26 AM
    Very cute demonspeeding :)

I have heard about having a twin somewhere in this world.. so far I haven't yet found my twin..!
    It must surely be quite weird though, to see your twin around.
    Expert

Jun 8, 2006, 04:45 AM
    I'll get a pic of my "girls" today or tomorrow and post it. They do not look identical anymore, more like fraternal.

My friend has fraternal twins and my "girls" look more alike than they do.
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    WOOW! That kind of rattles me. Do you think there is even a slight chance that she was telling the truth. I think we once spoke about writing a novel. There you go. Sounds like a good story to me.
    Well I never used to believe her, because she said a lot of outrageous things, but then after her death I started doing some research, got a hold of her medical records, tried to find people who knew her, etc. Then just about a year ago, I had a weird thing happen... my mother had always insisted that she had been in a movie with Arlo Guthrie, and of course her doctors and everyone thought it was delusional. Well I FOUND THAT MOVIE!! It's called Alice's Restaurant. My mother was an "extra" in it, one of the hippies haha, but it's definitely her! So that got me to wondering what else she was telling the truth about... I'm still looking for people who knew her. Actually I recently wrote to Arlo Guthrie to see if he remembered her at all, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    Very cute demonspeeding :)

I have heard about having a twin somewhere in this world.. so far I havnt yet found my twin...!!
    It must surely be quite weird though, to see your twin around.
    That would be great. I'm really curious as to how similar they are!
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 11:33 AM
    Orange! Do you realize the odds of her telling the truth? You need to do everything you can to either prove or disprove this. You are really creeping me out with this one! :)

"You can get anything you want, at Alices resturant."
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 11:39 AM
    LOL sorry to creep you out! But it does make me wonder what else she was telling the truth about, or at least, if there was some grain of truth behind many of the outrageous things she said! My adoptive dad is a psychiatrist, and he says that delusional people often have a delusion that in somewhat based in reality. In any event, if I find anything out I will keep everyone here informed!

Btw there's an interesting documentary about a woman who reminds me a lot of my mother... it's called Jupiter's Wife: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110217/. I believe it won some awards at Sundance and some other film festivals. The woman in it was a paranoid schizophrenic living in Central Park. She told the creator of the film that she used to drive a buggy through Central Park, and also that she had been a contestant on What's My Line. In the course of the film, the creator discovered that what she said was true (she worked as a buggy driver, and he was able to find and show vintage a clip of her on What's My Line), and wondered about her other statements, which seemed kind of far fetched. It was kind of eerie the way she reminded me of my mother... not just in what she said, but in her mannerisms, behaviour, etc. It's a good film to watch if you are into documentaries and can find it!

Anyway sorry Janine, this was a bit off topic. I promise to shut up now... back to twins! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twin kids movie name [ 5 Answers ]

OK so there was this boy and girl, they were twins... and they got separated or something... something maybe having to do with a vegetable or fruit cart? Anyway... they meet again some time later and when they put their palms together this purple light is there... and then they have to help do...

Twin Tower Question [ 7 Answers ]

If the architects were aware of the design's susceptibility to heat why didn't any of them make a quick call to inform those who were in danger of the buildings collapsing on them?

Briggs 18 twin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a MG Ward 18/42 Briggs twin, Having oil seeping from what appears to be the left cylinder base. Is the Jug removable or cast into the main block. Cylinder head looks easy enough to remove but the problem appears low end. Thanks rirog

18 horse Briggs twin 2 [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model riding mower w/an 18 horse briggs twin II and I Rebuilt the carb and it ran fine for a little while but now it seems like It is starving for gas! It has spark! Can anyone help me Thanks Bill:

Twin star system [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about twin star system with 2 stars (similar in mass) What would be a shape of planet orbit in these system? Is it possible existing 8-shaped orbit? Is it possible existing of planet in the centre of gravity in this system?

View more questions Search