Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marieta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Separated but not divorced filing I-751
    I need to know how to fill out the I-751 form if I have been separated but still married since there is no waiver or exemption for that status. I have tax returns joint and even my id with the same address but we don't live together anymore. How do I procedure?
    Thanks in advance
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 09:50 PM

If you are not filing jointly and there is no evidence of domestic abuse, just could not get along... I would recommend retaining an immigration attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced/non-divorced parents college tuition responsibilities in Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Indiana. I have a friend who is divorced. It is in his divorce documents to share in paying for his children's college education, but it is in there because his lawyer told him there is a state law in Indiana that requires parents (divorced and non-divorced) to pay for their children's...

Tax filing status - Married in 2006 and divorced in 2007. [ 2 Answers ]

Below is important information for entry and exit dates in US on H1B visa. Upon exit from US, I was back in home country India. Entry 1: 07-Mar-2006 Exit 1 : 09-Sep-2006 Entry 2: 05-Oct-2006 Exit 2 : 30-Jun-2007 Date of Marriage 1 : 22-Sep-2006 Date of Divorce 1 : 19-Nov-2007 Date of...

Filing status as Married Filing Jointly or Filing Separately [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in USA on L1 for the following time period: May 2006 to January 2007. August 2007 till Date. According to the substantial presence test, I completed my 183 days in US in November 2007. So during 2007 I was a dual status alien. My non-working spuose and year old...

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

SHould you be legally separated before filing for/or while filing for divorce? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the advantage of being legally separated while filing for divorce? Common sense tells me that a separation PRIOR to a divorce is to afford a couple some time to possibly reconcile before filing for divorce. But, if you went straight for a divorce, would you need to file for a separation?...

View more questions Search