Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drew8771 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Taxes on my re-enlistment bonus
    How much of my re-enlistment bonus is going to be taxed if I'm getting 29,500 my state taxes doesn't matter too much because I'm getting all that back. I just want to know how much of that money is going to hit my acct?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
    The first $9,000 of your re-enlistment bonus will be taxed at 15%.

The rest will be taxed at 25%.

These are approximates based on you being single and filing with only your own exemption and the standard deduction, and assuming that you get ALL of the re-enlistment bonus in 2008.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How are Bonus Taxes Calculated [ 11 Answers ]

Are federal taxes on Company paid Annual bonuses calculated @ 25%? My Payroll department says that federal law requires the 25% tax.

Taxes on Bonus [ 3 Answers ]

If I have no dependents, How much will I pay in taxes if I have a $7100 dollar bonus, and how much will I get after taxes are taken out? I live in Oklahoma. Thanks

Bonus Taxes, do they have to be 25% [ 2 Answers ]

When taxing a bonus that is over 1,200, does it have to be taxed by law at 25% or do they actually go up to 33%.

Taxes on Bonus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, In early 2007, I have received a bonus ($1,000). When this bonus was paid, I did not pay any taxes on it. This was processed by Paychex. As a J1 visa holder, I understand why I did not pay Social Security, Medicare and NYC taxes, but I also did not have to pay Federal and New York State...

Taxes on Bonus [ 2 Answers ]

If I get a bonus at the end of the year will the same amount of taxes be taken out of the bonus as usual? Also, I had heard that if you work for your parents at own their own corporation than you could be exempt from paying Social Security and Medicare taxes. What would the pros and cons for...

View more questions Search