Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustineT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Non EU citizen overstay in France
    I am a New Zealand citizen in a (20 year) defacto relationship with a UK born passport holder.

We have been living in France for the past 2 years and I do not have a long stay visa.

We had not planned on staying so long but it is the way it has turned out.

I did not realise that I was staying here illegally as I am not working or drawing on any social funds. I have recently found out I was mistaken.

When I first arrived in France 2 years ago they did not stamp my passport at the airport.

We are planning on going back to NZ soon and I am nervous about flying out of Paris. Will they realise I have been here this long? Will they have a record of my arrival as my passport was not stamped whe I arrived. If so, what are the consequences? Would I be better off flying out of another country such as the UK?

We have a house in France and are hoping to return for another long term, this time with the correct visas!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 10:43 AM

No problem on your departure, but you won't be able to return to France again. Before leaving, consult local immigration attorney and find out what to do in order to come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizen US and France. Work in france? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a dual citizen of US and France. My Grandmother was a war bride and married my grandfather a US soldier, My grandmother extended it to her 5 of her children my mother being one of them and a few years ago my mother did all the paperwork to add me to the family tree. I am currently...

Divorce us citizn/france citizen [ 1 Answers ]

I was married 5 years ago and unfortunately we were only together for 1 month here in the us ,he moved back to france and I stayed here we know want to get a divorce but are not sure of the legalities can I start the divorce here and have him served via fed ex for signiture?do I have to go to a...

View more questions Search