Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jun 7, 2006, 03:04 AM
    4got my rar password..
    Is there a way to forcelly opem and extract my rar file... I try to use free ware password recovery but its too slow... :confused: help please...
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 03:17 AM
    From the WinRAR site:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.win-rar.com/index.php?id=24&kb_article_id=54
    RAR encryption does not contain backdoors, so the only possible way to find a password is to test all possible character combinations. Remember that if you lose your password, you will be unable to retrieve the encrypted files, not even the WinRAR author is able to extract encrypted files.
    So the only option is a brute force or dictionary attack - this is what your slow program will be doing. It's really slow but it's your only option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Password ? [ 17 Answers ]

:o ? :'( How do you get into your computer if you forgot and lost you password?

Password [ 2 Answers ]

:o Someone please help me to get my own official Yahoo accounts password; Very important data is being saved dere about my clients... Can anyone guide me how to recover that Yahoo password: [email protected]

To get Yahoo password [ 3 Answers ]

Someone hacked my Yahoo password... And change my security questions? In that I have stored my important documents... How get I back my password? Security questions is also changed.. Please help me to get back my password

A password for my PC [ 4 Answers ]

Hello experts, How can I do a password for my PC so no one can use it. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search