Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiousteenager Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Oct 26, 2008, 09:26 PM
    I don't know what to do about how I look!
    :mad: Everybody at school calls me chewbacca (that bis hairy thing off star wars :( ) because I have very hairy arms. I just shaved my arms and I don't know the consequences of this but I hope the kids at school won't tease me. :o It was so bad to the point that I never took my sweater off at school because I was so afraid of what theyd say. They don't know how much it hurts to tease me about something I can't change... but I guess with shaving my arms I did chande it. But know I worry about what they will say when they notice that my arms are no longer hairy!:confused: :eek: what should I do?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2008, 11:25 PM

Hi, curiousteenager!

How do you react to others when they do make fun of you, please? How you react may be the reason that they choose to make fun of you. If you ignore them, what do you suppose will happen?

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your post.

Thanks!
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 27, 2008, 12:52 PM

What kind of reaction you give them will DEFINE how they treat you. If you ignore them it might not stop but won't be as bad. If you try to argue it will be worse. You really just kind of have to let it die out on it's own.

Do you have any other school problems?

Maybe if you do, you should get into wheight classes and try out for some kind of after school program.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 27, 2008, 12:55 PM

Umm I was just reading another one of your posts. You're a girl, you have every right to shave your arms, legs and anywhere else you don't want hair.

So also disregaurd my wheights idea and pick up something like running or track.
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Oct 27, 2008, 12:57 PM

Yeah get involved... you'll find people who want to hang out with you and enjoy your company no matter what you look like... some people are just nice... some are "aholes"... everyone grows up eventually and realizes no one is perfect
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 27, 2008, 01:12 PM
    I would say just agree and go along with it. People will tease you FOR the reaction. If you get really sad about it, or get mad and run away, you are giving them what they want. As a teen myself, I know that teens can be EVIL. As evil, and awful as it sounds, they just want to see you sad.
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Oct 27, 2008, 01:34 PM

Well, first off never EVER shave your arms. It makes your arm hairs grow back thicker and not as smooth as before. They get rougher then they were before. Secondly, you shouldn'y worry about what they say. I mean, hun, they're people just like you and me. I'm pretty sure that if someone compared me to a hairy beast I'd be hurt too. Don't even worry about it, you're unique and quite honostly; wonderful. You should never EVER care about what people say. It really doesn't matter. Because when you grow up and get out of high school and you have a successful job and they don't you'll think about how much time you wasted worrying about people like them when really, the whole time, they were really worried about themselves. So don't sweat the small stuff. (and go and get your arm hairs waxed. It's way better for them. Plus, they take a WAY longer time growing back.)
    irene94 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 01:55 PM

Frist off all don't save them go to a store and buy cream
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

Nov 5, 2008, 12:46 PM

If they tease you about having hair on your arms then they are childsih and immature. These are not people you need to impress. If a guy cares about how you look you don't need to worry about him especially if he is 'fit' himself. Remember to be yourself and then the people you should be interested in being around will notice who you are and like you for it. Don't be intimidated by their immature mentalities, rise above it and you will become a better person.
    Kendy_15 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2008, 06:47 PM
    It doesn't matter about what other people think of you... we all have hearts. They all beat the same. Get involve in sports, clubs, hang out with friends... people who care about you... making new friends is always a plus. It doesn't matter what you look like either, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Once you get that confidence and stop caring about what people are saying about you. They might stop.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 06:58 PM

You got to get thicker skin, not less hairy arms.

You will never be able to change yourself enough to never get teased or made fun of by insecure, self loathing, stupid individuals.

I find nothing wrong with a girl, or woman, with hairy arms, in fact, I think it can be especially sexy, and if she's blond, incredibly sexy.

Learn to laugh at yourself a little, and to ignore the idiots, and quit trying to change yourself just to please them.
    bitofanoddbod Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:48 AM

This may not be the answer that you want to know, but I can't really help on the teasing issue
    But I can tell you that many girls in my school had quite dark hairs on their arms and they just didn't like it , so I guess you could bleech it if it was too dark, or you could try using hair removal creams.
    Don't shave your arms using a razor the hairs allways grow back thicker. Fact .
    :) hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

I don't know if my girl just don't want me or if its time that we need. [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I been dating this girl for 11 months now and I like her a lot and stuff. But every since we started dating she had have a flirting problem with other guys, especially over the phone. But she doesn't go out with them or anything like that, she says that she doesn't know when she flirts that it...

I don't want to leave my fianc? But I don't know what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé for a 1 year.We have really been through everything together. There is just one problem that cause the most trouble.He has a 3 year old daughter with his exwife of seven years.She took his daughter away from him and he just got her back today.He had to drop his...

Don't know what to do [ 1 Answers ]

I like this kid and he is a pervort and I don't want him and me to do it but he will want me to if I go out with him

I don't know what to do [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is sinead, I've being going out with this man for the last 9months, but I don't trust him, as in I think he's going to cheat on me. He has never cheated on me or done any ting for me not to trust him every body loves him and he is so good to me all his friends say he's a changed men...

View more questions Search