Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corvo45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Compound Interest
    Hello,

I purchased a property 28 years ago for $148,000

It was sold for $2,420,000.

What is the annualised return for the period?

How do you calculate it.

Thank you

Regards

corvo45
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2008, 08:42 PM

I use a HP 12C hand held calculator. If you put in your 148k as PV or present value, 336 months as n or amortization and 2,420,000 as FV future value and make it a negative number, it will tell you that over 336 months that is a 10.2% yield.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compound interest [ 1 Answers ]

James wants to take out a loan. Suppose he can afford to make monthly payments of 100 dollars and the bank charges interest at an annual rate of 10 percent, compounded monthly. What is the maximum amount that James could afford to borrow if the loan is to be paid off eventually?

Compound Interest [ 2 Answers ]

If an investment is up 88% over 6 years (simple interest) what is the compound rate of growth per anum. My question was not for the purposes of homework.. I need the number for a real world reason. Unfortunately, I am very bad in math and could never figure out how to do this formula

Compound interest [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me how I can calculate manually. If 2000.00 is invested at 4% interest a year, compounded yearly.. How many years would it take to accumulate 100,000 Please help Thanks Miladys

View more questions Search