Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hee View Post
    what happens after life...does actually heaven and hell exits.........
    Hello hee:

Nahhh. You just go into the ground where the bugs'll eat your eyeballs.

excon
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 08:04 AM
    LOL Damn! Not the eyeballs!!
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Feb 5, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Cozyk, "God is always in control", "and all things work togeather for good for those
    who love God and is working according to His purpose". We do not understand why
    Things happen the way they do but God does and that is why we must trust Him.
    There is a reason for everything Gods does, we may not Know but it is the best
    For us and evryone, because God sees the big picture. Worry is the opposite of
    Trusting in God. And trusting in God is refusal to giving into fear.
    2Timothy 1:7 "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of
    a sound mind." 1John 4:18 There is no fear in love; because fear involes torment. But
    He who fears has not been made perfect in love." I was bound in fear for many years,
    I new the Lord but not the way God wanted it. I called out to the Lord for help and
    Read His word and did not let up until I was delivered and had peace and it took time
    But I was so bound up in fear I could not do muc any way. Call on the Lord and keep
    Asking He will hear you and answer you. PERFECT LOVE CAST OUT FEAR

Maggie 3
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 6, 2009, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    Cozyk, "God is always in control", "and all things work togeather for good for those
    who love God and is working according to His purpose". We do not understand why
    things happen the way they do but God does and that is why we must trust Him.
    There is a reason for everthing Gods does, we may not Know but it is the best
    for us and evryone, because God sees the big picture. Worry is the opposite of
    trusting in God. And trusting in God is refusal to giving into fear.
    2Timothy 1:7 "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of
    a sound mind." 1John 4:18 There is no fear in love; because fear involes torment. But
    he who fears has not been made perfect in love." I was bound in fear for many years,
    I new the Lord but not the way God wanted it. I called out to the Lord for help and
    read His word and did not let up until I was delivered and had peace and it took time
    but I was so bound up in fear I could not do muc any way. Call on the Lord and keep
    asking He will hear you and answer you. PERFECT LOVE CAST OUT FEAR

Maggie 3
    There is something in all these bible verses just makes me irked. :mad: Let me put it in even simpleier terms. According to the bible and the christian beliefis this is how it goes.

Believe that Jesus is the son of God and you will be saved and go to heaven.
    Don't believe this for any number of reasons, you will burn in hell.

It's absolute, it's black and white and the most absurd thing I can think of.

BECAUSE, You can live a hate filled life doing harm to others, but as long as you believe and ask forgiveness, Welcome to heaven.

You can live the most generous loving giving help to others life, be born into a jewish family or been born in another part of the world that is not christian, even die giving up your life for another, and go to hell.

Is this not the bottom line for salvation according to the bible and the christian belief?
    Tell me if I am wrong, but please don't give anymore scripture to me.

There is something so terribly wrong with that bottom line concerning what happens after we die. It makes no sense.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Feb 6, 2009, 09:07 PM
    [I] respect other peoples choices. We all have a right to believe in what ever we choose
    I have not and will not judge other people .I am a christian and believe in the bible as truth for me.I do not judge others I do tell people what I believe and what has helped
    Me through my 77 years of life . What is thruth in my life does not mean it can be true in your life. I am sorry if I have offended you, God is the judge of all, and He is the only one that is qualified to judge. Thank the Lord we all have choices.
    Have a good life.

Maggie 3
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Feb 9, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    There is something in all these bible verses just makes me irked. :mad: Let me put it in even simpleier terms. According to the bible and the christian beliefis this is how it goes.

Believe that Jesus is the son of God and you will be saved and go to heaven.
    Don't believe this for any number of reasons, you will burn in hell.

It's absolute, it's black and white and the most absurd thing I can think of.

BECAUSE, You can live a hate filled life doing harm to others, but as long as you believe and ask forgiveness, Welcome to heaven.

You can live the most generous loving giving help to others life, be born into a jewish family or been born in another part of the world that is not christian, even die giving up your life for another, and go to hell.

Is this not the bottom line for salvation according to the bible and the christian belief?
    Tell me if I am wrong, but please don't give anymore scripture to me.

There is something so terribly wrong with that bottom line concerning what happens after we die. It makes no sense.
    Cozyk – I wanted to add my two cents to the discussion. I feel that I agree with you about some of the things you noted above.

First off, I cannot speak for other Christians but I can speak for myself. To your question “Can I live a hate-filled life, doing harm to others and in the end just ask for forgiveness and be welcomed to Heaven?” I agree that if this were the case, it would be absurd because it is absurd. I agree with your judgment about this, definitely. I know you don't believe the bible but please allow me to quickly summarize what I believe it has to say about this subject. Basically, real faith—in order for it to be real in the bible's sense of real—will be accompanied by a radical change in the way I live my life. Certainly, the most profound example of this radical change would be in the way that I treated others. If I was never seeking to love others and never seeking the good of other people but I claimed to be a Christian, I personally would wonder if any claim I could make about being a follower of God would be credible. At the same time, I may inwardly desire to be loving and really try to do that in my life but I may fail at it…but hopefully in time I can learn the wisdom to love others as I ought to. In other words, I may desire to love God and love others but do a poor job of it at times but during my life, I can really demonstrate that I truly do love God and others by the consistency of my words and deeds. Ultimately, cozyk, none of us does these things as we should. But as a matter of principle, a real “Christian” is one who has understood that faith isn't just about saying a prayer and acting according to a “Christian” script; a real faith must reach deep down into my heart and transform me and the way I go about my life in order for it to mean anything to God…certainly with respect to eternal life in heaven.

Secondly, will people who live in another part of the world that is not Christian, or born into a Jewish family go to hell? No. To me, it's not a matter of strict affiliation—it's not a matter with God of not being born in the right place or under the right conditions; origin of country or familial ties are not disqualifiers with God. That's a myth. One need not necessarily ever hear the story of the bible to be saved, in my opinion. First off, people in the Old Testament never heard of Jesus and yet Hebrews Chapter 11 says that God honored their faith and granted them mercy. The point with God isn't about what we know or do not know, the starting point is believing first of all that God exists and that he is good (Heb 1 – “he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him). Now, I would want to qualify what I mean by that. Basically, the story of the New Testament is a story that will ultimately sort out people. I may live in a remote village somewhere and never hear the story of the bible, but if God has opened my heart and eyes, when given the chance to respond to the gospel story, I would believe it. But hearing the story and hearing about Jesus is not a requirement for eternal life because God could choose to be merciful to a tribesperson somewhere in the remotest part of the world and never give that person the opportunity to learn the bible.

Lastly, the problem that exists with human beings isn't ultimately a problem that exists solely between you and I. Like you said, people can spend their entire lives serving others and seeking to do good to others. We may be impressed with that and conclude that surely such a person would have favor with God, right? Ultimately, the issue is with that person and God. I may love others but really hate God. To me, my beef isn't with you or the next person, my beef is with my creator. The bible says that we are hostile towards God. We are more interested in seeking the approval of others than we are with God. We will sometimes go to great lengths to ensure our reputation in the eyes of others is intact but never seek to look at how God sees us. The greatest tension in the bible is whether we will really take a good look at ourselves and acknowledge our guilt before God: we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Cozyk, I have reflected back on some of our earlier conversations and I really feel that I have been unloving…listen, I really mean that, OK? I'm not blowing smoke or being condescending. Please forgive me. I do, however, stand behind what I am saying here. I stand behind some of what I did say earlier but I think that my attitude and heart were not in the right place with how I said those things. Again, I know you do not believe the bible so if you are offended by it, I will not apologize for that. In that case, I think it is between you and God. But as far as you and me, I would want to be free in my conscience in knowing that I have personally apologized to you.

Sincerely.
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2009, 12:57 AM

What was prior to when you were born ?
    Can u know it then certainly u can know what will happen when u die , or life after death?
    tonyrey Posts: 102, Reputation: 10

Feb 27, 2009, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaj2008 View Post
    so you are going to tell me that an invisible soul comes out and floats around....? I'm guessing you are a Christian....alot of things seems to be invisible in Christian beliefs including God himself
    You seem to be implying that anything invisible or intangible doesn't exist! How about your mind? Or freedom, justice, equality, truth or love?

Feb 27, 2009, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello hee:

Nahhh. You just go into the ground where the bugs'll eat your eyeballs.

excon
    You are equating "you" with your body. Will the bugs eat your mind as well?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrey View Post
    Will the bugs eat your mind as well?!
    Hello tony:

They are eating my mind as we speak.

excon

Mar 2, 2009, 01:53 AM

They must be intangible bugs :) I'm sure it's nothing to worry about...
    pearldiver Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
    You're spirit is you. You are in a body. When you die, you leave your body. If you believe in past lives, then you come back and start new. If you are a Christian, then, you got to wait till Jesus comes back... And to the guy saying you die and that's it. Well kid. You'll find out the hard way. Because faith is an idea, and you cannot touch it. You know it.
    Question_All Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Nah you just die.

The end:
    Question_All Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Oh and @tonyray: The thing is toney that justice, equality don't exist and although love and all those emotions exist they are in no way intangible they are just the sum of experience, genes, hormones and possibly pheromones and the mind is just a side-effect of all the neural functions in your brain and that side-effect disappears when your neural functions stop functioning.
    Realtalkink Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Aug 11, 2012, 11:50 PM
    Ive been in three different religions and read many "revised bibles" and I have noticed its all the same, there's some type of everlasting "greater being" that winds up invisible and has the power to do a great amount of good which is supposedly his mission. And eventually you die but if you were NICE and not NAUGHTY u would get presents errr, I mean go to some kind of paradise. Im not saying a god doesn't exist I'm just saying he's been little help except starting a few religious wars, and has the charicteristics of an imaginary friend. So tell me why when one man has a imaginary friend he's considered insane but when millions of people worship one they're considered "enlightened". Also if there isn't a god doesn't that mean that all religious citizens including the pope have simply wasted their lives but uif there is one then I guess all atheist have an ironic surprise awaiting for them. Basically all I'm saying is that every religion is wrong and if there is a god we know nothing about him, I mean for all we now he/she could be an alien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can one resolve the issue of evolution AND believe in life after death? [ 8 Answers ]

I was pretty much an agnostic, until I read Sylvia Browne. She makes more sense to me than any other person I've read. She gives many examples to verify her integrity and validity. I believe her; simple as that. However, I also believe in evolution, since it has all but been proven. So I'm left...

A matter of life and death [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, The title is sincere... No pun intended... I truly believe the question of the Trinity can NEVER be resolved... I have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians at the same time... (Witnesses do not take offence) I didn't know any other way to state who I studied with... During the...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search