Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 5, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by needinfo08 View Post
    Yes, there are people who act as modern day witch doctors and control people with religion. That has no bearing on what real truth is. 2 + 2 = 4 whether you believe it or not. The Scriptures state that in the "last days" most of the world will be deceived.
    I guess if you believe in the scriptures that makes sense.
    But it means absolutely nothing to many of the rest of us.
    needinfo08 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Nov 7, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxariesxx View Post
    I guess if you believe in the scriptures that makes sense.
    But it means absolutely nothing to many of the rest of us.
    I can't argue with that. I wasn't interested for 2/3 of my life but when it hit me, it hit me hard.

Peace
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Nov 23, 2008, 05:27 PM
    I Understand you can not fear what you donot believe in.There are a lot of fears
    In the world and it is very destructive. Fear is torment and has a paralysing control
    Over people who become fearful. There are different degrees of fear.Most people
    Do have fear of some kind at some time. I believe and know for myself that when
    I became a christian I was deliverd from my fears. As a christian all my fears
    Were gone, I knew for myself no matter what happens in my life I had put God in
    Control and to me He is all knowing and in control. God said He is in control at all
    Times and all things work together for good for those who love Him. If you do
    Not believe and have fears you are on your own. Some fears people may have are bankruptcy, bullets, lightning, fire, bad health, it could go on and on. For many
    People that believe in God most bad fears leave and love and joy come in.
    This is peace and comfort to me but if others are happy with what they believe
    In so be it. I am thankfull we all have a choice but we all live in a world that
    Is controlled by laws. For all our good we need to keep the laws.

Maggie 3
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 12:27 AM

How could any of us possibly know the answer to this question? After all, we are all still alive. You're going to have to go find a dead person and ask them.

Dec 10, 2008, 03:43 PM
    It is the spirit and soul of man that keeps living. The part of you
    That feels, hurts, has joy, loves or hates that's the soul and spirit. You can know a person by the way they live by the actions in their life this is the spirit that never dies.The body dies, it is made
    Of clay but the spirit and soul never dies. If I have pain in my body you do not know
    It until I tell you.There are lots of thing in life you can not see with your eyes but it is
    There. How empty life would be not to see beyond what the eyes see

Maggie 3.
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2008, 01:23 AM

Magprob your answer rocked.

From my stand point no one really knows about life after death the bible can only speculate and that book was written by a bunch of dudes years ago. How accurate is that?

In my honest scientific opinion, your brain is made up of neurons that much like a computer uses electricity to store memory and information so your humble existence on the small ball of dust that floats in a vacuum more bearable.

My experience with Electricity however has been a most useful one, after you die your brain might not work but the memory and who you are would still be there due to stored electricity much like a capacitor, it will slowly drain away and activity will cease yet electricity never go's away it just changes into something else. You can't see it, it's just there.

You can thank Ohm, Boyle, Coulomb etc for all those wonderful formulas for understanding electricity, should be the first step to understanding life afer death. So after you die your electrical impulses are still there just in a different form. That's why tissue can be harvested and made to work in other body etc think about it.

In some cases there is life after death just not complete life it's fragments and disbursed.

Dec 30, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Jesus said " I am the resurrection and the life. He who Believes
    in Me, though he may die, he shell live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shaell
    never die." John 11:25-26

This is hope for the world--resurrection. Paul said "I also count All things loss for the the
    excellience of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the lost of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ...That I may know Him and the power of his resurrection...if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead" Phil 3:8-11. I choose joy and happiness over doom and gloom.
    We all have our choice, eternal death and fire, or heaven with the joy of Lord!

Maggie 3
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 09:44 PM
    There is an energy that leaves the body, and freely joins other souls, on the other side.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with religion, bibles, etc.

There are many souls who remain earthbound, and they are indeed manifested as ghosts, in one form or another.

We know that spiritual (not religious) mediums can communicate with these spirits, and guide them to passing over. Some ghosts are confused, some are not ready to believe they are dead, some are earthbound for many other reasons.

Those that do pass over, are in a different dimension, and in a place where growth, understanding and nurturing prepare them to continue their journey.

Some return to be born again, we all know that people have lived many lives through studies in past life regressions, or they remain where they are, or they move onto higher spiritual development.

To believe in heaven in hell is a control mechanism, designed by religion, to guide the living the way a church decides it should be.

Death as we know it, is simply a continuation of life in a different form.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 2, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaj2008 View Post
    wait wait wait...so where is this spirit when you are living??? Have not found one is a single surgery i have done yet...
    Do you know what your essence is? Your conscience? The "you behind the physical you?
    I know it sounds crazy and I am by no means a bible thumper, but I believe there is more to me than my physical form.

Eckert Tolle talks about the "egoic you" vs. the "I am" You are not your story, you are the observer of your story. Again, sounds crazy but he has a very intellectual view that won't turn the stomach of the skeptical.

I believe you think there is something to it or you would not be asking this question. You just want something that resonates as plausible to your intelligence and feels right with your heart. It was either that or you were just setting up some gullible people to get a good chuckle to entertain the ego. Think about it.

Feb 2, 2009, 07:39 AM
    To believe in heaven in hell is a control mechanism, designed by religion, to guide the living the way a church decides it should be.

Death as we know it, is simply a continuation of life in a different form.[/QUOTE]

I agree that we are an "energy". Energy never dies, it just changes form.

Feb 2, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    Heaven is the place for the family of God and
    with God. We are all sinners here on earth
    but we who are believers and have faith in
    Jesus have been forgiven of sin.We are the childern of God.There is no sin in heaven, this is where love, peace and joy is. No sickness sinners or fears in heaven.Gods word the bible explains who He is and if you wll make it. There is no fear in God or His childern. We know the truth and it sets people free of sin and fear. Fear of God is for unbelievers. When you become His child there is no fear, there is no reason for fear.

Maggie 3
    Yes but don't you fear for the people you love who may be of a different religion or no religion. How could you ever have peace of mind with this ax ready to fall on them?
    Gift4rmG0d Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2009, 05:51 PM

I'm a christian. Believe that there is a heaven and hell. Have you read the holy bible? It tells you all about that. When you die your spirit leaves your body and goes to a holding place until God calls for judgment. Then you go before him, then he will tell you if you go to heaven or hell.

Feb 2, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by needinfo08 View Post
    Yes, there are people who act as modern day witch doctors and control people with religion. That has no bearing on what real truth is. 2 + 2 = 4 whether you believe it or not. The Scriptures state that in the "last days" most of the world will be deceived.
    Yes 2+2=4, 3+1=4, 7-3=4 10-6=4 8/2=4 √16=4 4x1=4 There are many many ways to arrive at 4. Just as there are many paths to " heaven". I believe that heaven is a state of consciousness not a location with lots of angles flying around.
    So... your 2+2=4 theory does not hold up.

Feb 2, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift4rmG0d View Post
    I'm a christian. believe that there is a heaven and hell. Have you read the holy bible? It tells you all about that. When you die your spirit leaves your body and goes to a holding place until God calls for judgment. Then you go before him, then he will tell you if you go to heaven or hell.
    You can read the holy bible all day long, but if you don't believe the bible too be totally factual, then what good is it? That is the important key that bible pushers fail to acknowledge.
    Gift4rmG0d Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Feb 2, 2009, 06:07 PM

I was writing my opinion. And that's how I c it.

Feb 2, 2009, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift4rmG0d View Post
    i was writing my opinion. And that's how i c it.
    I'm sorry. I thought you were writing it as fact, not just your opinion.

Feb 3, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Cozyk,

You ask about fear I may have for my love ones that may not know the Lord.
    As I have grown in knowing the lord I have learned to trust Him. He has said
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and a
    sound mind" II Timothy I:13 "Trust in the Lord with all thin heart; and lean not unto thine onw understanding." Proverbs 3:5 As I have learn for Gods word I let go fears
    And put my trust in God or Jesus because that is what He wants us to do. I may not
    Know everything but I know when I put my trust in Him I have peace when I was
    Fearful. When a thought comes into my mind that would cause me to fear I remind
    Myself what Gods word says. All kind of thoughts come into our mind and bad ones
    I choose not to think on because I believe they are from the evil one. God is always
    In control, but He gives us the choice to choose what we think no. "Be ye trnsformed
    by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2 We need to think right and if we know
    Gods word we can call upon His promies He has made to us. It has taken a lot of
    Prayer and learning Gods word, to come into a good understanding of Him and knowing His

Love, and caring for us. "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be
    content." Phill. 4:11 This is what I believe Gods wants in our life.
    " God causes all thing to work together for good to those who love God,and those
    who are called according to His purpose." Rom 8:28
    God Has called us all. This is one verse I say a lot " Be strong and of a good courage;
    be not afraid, neither be dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
    I pray this can help you understand why I do not fear but I do pray about everything
    And give all my cares to the Lord in Jesus name.

Maggie 3

Feb 4, 2009, 08:45 AM

I understand, that you turn your cares over to the Lord. That you have peace when things are bad, because ultimately, God has your back. I feel this way too. BUT, I could not be at peace, no matter how "rosy" heaven was for me, if I thought that the wonderful human beings in my life, that happen to be atheist were going to end up in some horrible eternal hell. Every day, that I walk this earth would be consumed with thoughts of those I love and their eternal damnation to come. Good for me that I don't believe good spirits go to hell. But, if you believed your atheist friends were going to hell, how could you have a minutes peace?

Feb 4, 2009, 11:25 PM
    I know that when fearfull thoughts come into my mind it is from the evil one, not
    From the Lord. I am not trusting in the Lord if I give into evil and fearfull thoughts.
    "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afaid."
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding"Pro.3:5
    "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"Matt.11:28
    I pray you can trust and believe in Gods word and have peace over fear.

Bless you, Maggie 3

Feb 5, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    I know that when fearfull thoughts come into my mind it is from the evil one, not
    from the Lord. I am not trusting in the Lord if I give into evil and fearfull thoughts.
    "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afaid."
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding"Pro.3:5
    "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"Matt.11:28
    I pray you can trust and believe in Gods word and have peace over fear.

Bless you, Maggie 3
    In a nut shell this says, "I don't worry about my atheist friend's souls because God instructs me not to. He says be at peace.

Let me put it in more earthly terms.

You are driving on a bridge. The car ahead of you is swerving, getting awfully close to the edge. You are not worried or frightened for him because YOU have YOUR peace and trust in the Lord. You see him eventually crash through the guard rail, go over the edge and fall hundreds of feet in the water. Oh well, he will go through an agonizing slow death of being trapped in a car under water, BUT he knew the rules. Drive straight, sober, within the lines, etc. He had his chance and blew it, so I am not worrying about his agony because God said for me to have peace.

Now, imagine that the driver of that car is your son. You still have that peace?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can one resolve the issue of evolution AND believe in life after death? [ 8 Answers ]

I was pretty much an agnostic, until I read Sylvia Browne. She makes more sense to me than any other person I've read. She gives many examples to verify her integrity and validity. I believe her; simple as that. However, I also believe in evolution, since it has all but been proven. So I'm left...

A matter of life and death [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, The title is sincere... No pun intended... I truly believe the question of the Trinity can NEVER be resolved... I have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians at the same time... (Witnesses do not take offence) I didn't know any other way to state who I studied with... During the...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search