Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Exhaust system for Briggs Quiet Motor
    The exhaust system for a 14.5 briggs I/c quiet motor... retail is $51.00 (ouch) and I want to find it cheaper... any help is appreciated
    Attached Images

thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 08:20 PM
    What's exactly wrong with this one? Broken? Anybody around you that can weld?

If the muffler part of it is broken, that could be removed and another welded on, doesn't have to be exact when doing that... as long as it fits.

What's this engine off? Sears? Poulan? What will it be going into? Your not going to find a new one much cheaper... even did a little search on them and saw them for more the $51.

Jun 7, 2006, 09:14 PM
    My wife's grandmother's Craftsman tractor engine died, so a friend of mine is replacing the engine. I found the b&s engine for $75, but without a starter or exhaust. The swap went great, everything matched up, so I am just trying to find the parts as cheap as possible. Thanks for the help again!
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2006, 12:26 AM
    Yeah... with a AYP mower, the exhaust is always routed down and out the front. The hood would be in the way if you just threw a can type on it. What's the engine this one is replacing? The starter might go on this one, the exhaust might can be reworked to fit.

Jun 8, 2006, 10:10 AM
    The engine that died was a kohler 14hp and nothing matches up with the b&s... the new engine came off a murray and is in very good shape minus the few items it needs... thanks again
    kathy_toll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 12:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superkid778
    the exhaust system for a 14.5 briggs i/c quiet motor.....retail is $51.00 (ouch) and I want to find it cheaper...any help is appreciated
    Hi I have same motor in our ride on... do you know where to get a manual for this particular motor please.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superkid778
    My wife's grandmother's Craftsman tractor engine died, so a friend of mine is replacing the engine. I found the b&s engine for $75, but without a starter or exhaust. The swap went great, everything matched up, so I am just trying to find the parts as cheap as possible. Thanks for the help again!

The attached picture shows the exhaust and starter on the engine. What's going on here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Does my quiet co-worker have a mental disorder? [ 22 Answers ]

Im starting to wonder if my co-worker was a victim of abuse or if he has a mental problem. His behaviors are really strange. My other co-worker and I are very concerned about him and we want to try and help him. He always wears the same clothes every week, never wears a belt with his loose pants,...

Exhaust for YZ250F [ 1 Answers ]

What recommendations do you have on getting an after market exhaust that is US Forest Service approved for my YZ250F.

Briggs motor went poof [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 16 hp Briggs mower in my lawn tractor. I was mowing last Saturday, and the engine gave out a "poof" sound with a puff of smoke. Someone at my office thought it might be that the valve seat came loose. When I tried to restart it, after checking for gas, it spun really easy with no...

Exhaust vent [ 4 Answers ]

We have a new furnace located in the basement with a PVC exhaust pipe. The exhaust exits the house through the wall at the floor joists and is turned down toward the ground with a 90 degree elbow. Is this a common practice? I just assumed that it would exhaust through the roof as the old systems...

View more questions Search