Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlazzaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Honda Riding Mower
    I have a 1990 Honda 3813 riding mower. It starts fine, but once I engage the blade, the mower proceeds very slowly in 5th gear then dies out (chokes out). When I don't have the blade engaged, it moves fine. It also will not go up a slight incline without choking out. Any suggestions?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 04:37 PM
    Are you using fresh gas? I'd also go over the pulleys and such and make sure they move freely (just to rule it out).
    jlazzaro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Thanks for the info on the pulleys, I will check this weekend. All new Gas. Not mixed with old gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I bought an old Montgomery Wards riding mower at an auction the other day, but I don't know what kind it is, the name was painted over. It is a Model ZYJ 48A. Does anyone know anything about it?

Honda riding mower problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older Honda 3011 Riding Mower that won't start without jump starting it. I just replaced the battery with a new one and I checked it with a voltmeter and it reads 11.8... I seem to remember car batterys usually reading 13+ so is this OK or too low? I have already checked the belts,...

MTD Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings All, I have an MTD 12hp 36inch cut riding mower that I just bought as a spare. I was told it needed a new battery so I bought and installed it. Problem is when I try to start it I get a whining or "spinning" sound. I'm far from being a mechanic BUT it sounds like a starter and or...

Honda Riding Mower - New Blades [ 5 Answers ]

I recently change the mower blades, now the mower doesn't cut grass, the blades engage and rotate... however they are not cutting or discharging anything..

Riding lawn mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1/2 acre of lawn and wish to replace an old Craftsman mower. Sears advertises a 17-HP Kohler Pro engine, 42 inch lawn tractor for $1200.00. Is this a good value, and do you recommend Craftsman lawn tractors? Thanks!

View more questions Search