Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyso Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
    Can snakes climb walls
    Help!!

Do snakes climb up walls? I live in an apartment on the outskirts of Rome and I need to know if I can open my windows!!

Thank you for your help!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Depending on the material, yes, they can. Get screens for those windows and you will be fine.

Jun 6, 2006, 12:22 PM
    Thank you - but I wish you'd said NO!
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 8, 2006, 09:12 PM
    There are only two snakes you have to worry about in Italy: the long nosed adder, or Vipera ammodytes and Urrsini's viper or Vipera ursinii. Both are poisonous so I agree that you should put screens on your windows. Also, in order to see if you could feel more at ease, perhaps you should find out just how common these two snakes are in your locality. I tried but couldn't find the info. But I'm almost certain that there is some local authority who will provide that information for you. Perhaps at a local university or museum. It might just turn out that these two snakes are so rare in your vicinity as to be almost nonexistent.
    http://www.basegear.com/appendixe.html

Jun 10, 2006, 07:51 AM
    Thank you Starman! I will definitely look into this - and let you know the outcome - if the snake doesn't get to me first!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes [ 2 Answers ]

:o I have always wondered when snakes in my area come out of hybernation. I have many leaves to clean up & have been scared by lizards & snakes enough! I live in Bangor, Pa. Can someone answer my question? Thank you for your time with this request! Wendy ;D ;D ;D ;D

When do snakes come out of hibernation? [ 11 Answers ]

My kids and I love to catch snakes in the summertime. Some rat snakes and garders but mostly water snakes: Queens and Northerns, which we typically find under rocks in creeks and rivers. In my area (central ohio) it gets very cold, so I do understand that they hibernate... but I'm not finding...

Snakes [ 4 Answers ]

What type of snakes would you find in the Jungles in South America? Which ones wrap themselves around and suffocate their prey?

Snakes [ 5 Answers ]

We live on 10 acres and are currently living in a camper trailer while we renovate our home. We have garter snakes and I am terrified of them, so much so that I won't leave the camper during the day unless absolutely necessary. (I know that they are harmless and eat mice etc. etc. but suppose...

Tearing down 2 walls [ 1 Answers ]

We are remodeling our kitchen and want to remove 2 walls to open it up. We have a truss roof and want to know if we can remove both walls. One wall is part of the wall that runs through the middle of the house between the kitchen and living room, there are support beams in basement under this...

View more questions Search