Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfglobalgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Best way to sell scrap gold
    Hello,
    I would like suggestions about best methods to sell scrap gold & jewelry, and/or best company that buys scrap gold?

Any experience with online Cash4Gold company?

Also, any suggestions about how to insure and/or protect the scrap gold that I have to send in for assessment?

Thanks very much!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 08:16 PM

Often you can get good deals with local dealers, best to shop around
    havescrapgold Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Cash4gold ONLY pays 40%-45%, not very good to sell your gold, I did NOT like there prices..
    mlr08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2008, 09:55 PM

I've heard of people getting just a few buck from those mailers. You'd probably be better off trying to go local. Most pawn shops buy scrap gold but the sad reality is that the value of jewerly is really not anywhere near what people expect. If it's a nice piece you might have better luck selling on Ebay. I've sold some old antique jewerly that probably wasn't worth much and I did surprisingly well... I was almost ready to toss it and it was just costume.
    AtlantaBorn Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2009, 09:51 PM
    I just saw a spot on the news about a place called the GOLD & COIN EXCHANGE in Marietta, GA. I guess they can pay more for gold because that is all they do is buy & sell scrap gold in large volume whereas a jewelry store or pawnshop will pay you a fraction of the value because they don't really know what they're doing. I think their website is BestGoldRates.com
    Good Luck
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 11:34 AM

Cash4Gold is a very legitimate company, and one of the best in the business. You can sell to almost any gold buyer, but you want to guarantee you don't get burnt.

The first thing you should do is determine the price of your scrap gold. You can do it with this scrap gold calculator
    markrich Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2010, 07:22 PM
    I just found this forum, I am not sure if the question is still relevant but I'll answer regardless.

There is a company out there called captain cash for gold very reputable and very honest You should give them a try, I have used them and was very happy.
    markrich Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2010, 07:24 PM
    I sold my gold to company captain cash for gold, I was very happy with them I think the payout was very fair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scrap Gold! [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy and sell scrap gold. Platinum thermocouple wire, gold dental molars etc; for profit with a low start cost?

View more questions Search