Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kidatonal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Excel and word compatibility
    I'm trying to streamline the data entry process in my company with regards to a new service. Right now we input customer order info into a Word document, retype the same info into an Excel spreadsheet, then copy and reformat the information into an Outlook email to the customer. I would like to reduce the data entry to one point, which can be merged into all the different programs easily. Is this possible? Do I need a fourth program to manage all this, or can it be done with one of these programs? If so, what are the functions I will need to master? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Dan
    gareth Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2006, 10:34 PM
    Hi Kidatonal,

The compatibilities between Excel And Word has been an issue for years now.I have in fact raised this issue with Microsoft to include a merge function for word in their next addition but as always it has fallen on deaf ears. I understand your problem and think the only logical thing to do now is to basically copy your formats over to excel and paste it as HTML. THis way you won't lose the colums you created in word. As far as Word > Excel > Outlook is concerned, you will have to give me some more specs on what you need and I can write a vba code to solve this issue. Please get back to me if you need more help...

Regards
    gareth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Word & Excel Requesting Virus Scan [ 2 Answers ]

When opening a Word Excel document the message 'requesting virus scan' appears when opening the application then when opening the file the same message again. Instead of a couple of seconds for whole procedure it now takes 11 to 23 seconds. I had made no changes to my computer. Following another...

MS Word and Excel spellcheck on their own [ 9 Answers ]

I have lately been using MS Word and Excel and they suddenly begin spellchecking on their own. I start typing, and then 10 seconds later they start again. Its very frustrating. What could be causing this? If I reboot my computer, it will stop for awhile and then suddenly the spellcheck will...

Excel & Word compatibility [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have Office 97. If documents (Word or Excel)are created in later versions of Office, will I be able to open them in Office 97?

View more questions Search