Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pipemama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 01:58 PM
    My shower faucet keeps turning and turning.
    Hi, my shower faucet has to be almost entirely turned around before it comes on. This just happened today. . Only the cold water.. is that a bad valve er something? Thank you in advance:(
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Hey there PM...

Sounds like a washer has come loose or something similar to that. Most likely you will need to access the stem or cartridge assembly and look at it to see what is happening.

Best case, you'll just need to tighten a screw... worst case, you'll need to replace the stem or cartridge.

Let us know how many handles this valve has, the name on valve and about how old this valve is and we'll see if we can get more info. For you...

MARK
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 03:03 PM

You are not saying what type/brand/model of faucet you have. I could be only loose screw on your handle... Please, post details and /or photo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2008, 03:08 PM
    If this is a Moen valve it has a chrome tube stop to prevent the knob from turning all the way around. Is your valve a Moen? Regards. Tom
    ubg11183 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 09:45 AM
    Why my hot water knob will not cut water on or off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure lower after turning on the faucet spray OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have this kitchen faucet. When turning on, the pressure is OK. Later the pressure lower after a sound. The spray is OK. It started to happen recently. Was good. Anything wrong?

When turning on faucet in the bathroom pipes pop! [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a house built in 1975 on a slab and when turning on the water in bathroom the pipes makes a popping sound! Also when I flush my toilet I heard a bubbling sound in the bathtub!:confused: :confused:

Reduced pressure after turning on faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out why I have reduced pressure from my kitchen sink faucet. Initially, when I turn on the faucet, either hot or cold, the pressure is good for about two seconds, after that it reduces by approximately half. I have replaced the seat and springs but that only eliminated a drip....

Banging/Tapping Noise when turning on faucet/flushing toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys! In addition to my little problem with my toilet posted in another thread (can fix it easily), I have another issue. Every time I use the upstairs shower/toilets/sink, when running water, a loud banging/tapping noise appears. When you turn it off, the banging noise still appears...

Turning off water for faucet replacement [ 4 Answers ]

My husband attempted the rather easy job of replacing a kitchen faucet. After turning off water supply, water continues to dribble out of faucet.. He says there some problem in turn off valve. How does he replace valve if water is running out of the faucet? We DO have a well for water supply.

View more questions Search