Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pheins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Inoperative furnace
    I have a Tempstar DC 90. Waking up to a cold house I discovered the small blower was running but the furnace would not light. I took everything apart that I could and cleaned everything. It started but once it shuts off it won't relight. I managed to get it running twice but always with the same effect. It won't restart. However the small blower does come on. What should I check?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Does the ignitor glow?

How many blinks are showing on the circuit board?

Oct 26, 2008, 06:54 AM

The ignitor did work after the first cleaning, that's how it started but after heating the house and shutting down it wouldn't restart now the small blower comes on but nothing else happens.

Oct 26, 2008, 07:32 AM
    How many blinks on the citcuit board ?

I hope you did not clean the ignitor. They are delicate so delicate in fact that they should not be touched while installing since the human hand contains oils that greatly shorten there life. When you power the furnace completely OFF and restart the glow coil/hot surface ignition should glow. If not it could be defective.

Oct 26, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    How many blinks on the citcuit board ?

I hope you did not clean the ignitor. They are delicate so delicate in fact that they should not be touched while installing since the human hand contains oils that greatly shorten there life. When you power the furnace completely OFF and restart the glow coil/hot surface ignition should glow. If not it could be defective.
    No I did not touch the glow bar. I don't see any lights on the circuit board. The glow bar does not light after resetting . The small blower turns on and shortly after the large blower starts. No glow bar, no gas, no heat. I changed the thermostat but that didn't do anything.

Oct 26, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Was the furnace running normally Before you changer the thermostat ?

Was the furnace running normally After you changed the thermostat?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Oct 26, 2008, 06:06 PM

I would check the pressure switch. If the switch is already closed on a call for heat then the furnace will not fire. Sounds like your switch is staying closed and after the units cycles once and tries to start another cylce it senses the switch closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Inoperative radio [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 02 dodge quad cab that my radio comes on then quits. It doesn't matter weather I'm using the cassette deck or the radio. The clock continues to work, the fuses have been changed. I even replaced the radio and the replacement does the same thing.

Furnace not heating the house. Damper on the furnace not opening. Motor then shuts. [ 4 Answers ]

My forced-air furnace is not working correctly. The gas works heating the air in the furnace, but When the motor starts the damper doesn't open and the Motor shut down. I need suggestions?:mad:

Floppy disk drive inoperative [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Dell XPS T600r computer. Floppy disk drive was installed by Dell. Recently, The drive doesn't work. It is shown as Drive A in My Computer, but when I click on it, it says " Please insert disk into drived A....I do reclick drive A and the same message reappears. If I try to copy something to...

View more questions Search