Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bosey Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Adjusting Entries
    Original Journal Entry: Negotiated Bank loan on September 12, in the amount of $20,000. Prepare a journal entry to issue a 60-day, 10% note to the bank for that amount. What would be the interest due on note?

Adjusting Entry for September 30th - Accrue interest on note payable ($20,000) use a 360-day year). What would be the interest to record under adjustments for month ending September 30th.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 10:49 PM
    Sept. 12
    Dr. Cash 20,000
    Cr. Notes Payable 20,000

Sept. 30
    Dr. Int Expense 100
    Cr. Int Payable 100
    20,000 x [.1 x 60/360] x 18/60

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalize and Adjusting [ 5 Answers ]

I need journal entries and adjustments for these transactions Journalize : Tim Duncan, the owner, invests $40,000 cash. Prepaid $12,000 cash for twelve months' rent for office space. Made credit puchase for $5,000 in office equipment. Completed work for a client and immediately received...

Adjusting enteries [ 7 Answers ]

Trial balance Dec 31 Account debit credit Cash 12,000 Accounts receivable ...

Adjusting entries [ 2 Answers ]

The prepaid insurance account had a balance of $5600 at the beginning of the year. The account was debited for $1800 for premiums on policies purchased during the year. Journalize the adjusting entry required at the end of the year for each situation. (a) the amount of unexpired insurance...

Adjusting Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Hoping someone can check my answer for a homework question. They did not give much info, so I want to verfiy I am correct (for example: not sure if the month a pre-paid rent hits, if it deducts that month). Thanks in advance! GUNFLINTADVENTURES ...

A-1 Photography adjusting entries [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help on the adjusting entries if possible. a. adjust unearned photographic service revenue for September. Assume photographic revenue is earned evenly over the entire month. (refer to document 2) document 2 states I received a check today for $6,000 from Providence Country...

View more questions Search