Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smakarem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Two Vents in Front of House
    I hv two vents in front of the house as seen in attachment. During last summer, the area around the vents was full of water. At the same water was coming out under the furnace. This happened 3 times and only when the rain was heavy. AND ONLY around the furnace!

Does anyone know what are these vents for? Do they extend to the basement?
    Thanks

Sam
    Attached Images

mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 03:49 PM

Is there a floor drain located under the furnace? I would suggest asking this question under plumbing. The pipes outside look like cleanouts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic stink outside house from roof vents [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, We had a completely new septic tank and drain field put in about a month ago. The old septic was four inch cinder block and the pipe ran under a retaining wall to the house. They said that after they crushed the old septic they could not get to the house because of the wall. I'm not sure where...

Rotten Egg odor coming from house vents [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We are getting a rotten egg smell coming from our house vents. Does not occur all of the time. We have a heat pump and does not occur during the colder months. Mainly occurs when it is hot and the AC is running. Had the heat pump coils cleaned. Any other suggestions other than...

Water has invaded our register vents in slab house [ 1 Answers ]

We've just bought a 2 story slab house in September and after a big snow thaw & a couple inches of rain in the same time, all the register vents filled up with water. Luckily they did not overflow and we pumped it all out. We noticed a cracked tile in one vent, the rest are all metal--as we...

Under house vents [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I know I have read somewhere NOT to cover your outside under house vents, when you have a heat pump is this correct? Why? Our floor is soooo cold right now! :( Anyhow, any idea how to heat said floors up a bit (I know put on socks! ;) Thanks, Laurie

View more questions Search