Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzyjene Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Drain Pipe Clogged
    We have had trouble with the water emptying completely out of our washing machine. The drain hose goes to a drain pipe behind the washer. We discovered today the the drain pipe itself is partially blocked. We used both a Snake-It auger & commercial strength Drain Out crystals to unblock it but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions for unblocking it?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 5, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Call a professional.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 6, 2006, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjene
    We have had trouble with the water emptying completely out of our washing machine. The drain hose goes to a drain pipe behind the washer. We discovered today the the drain pipe itself is partially blocked. We used both a Snake-It auger & commercial strength Drain Out crystals to unblock it but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions for unblocking it?
    Yes, Rent a sewer machine such as the Ridgid K-50 and send the snake down the washer roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and about 25 feet more. Afterwards, test and flush the line by cycling the washer. Good luck, Tom
    jolive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Comment on educatedhorse_2005's post
    Did not attempt to answer the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C condensate drain clogged [ 6 Answers ]

Our basement floor was flooded and water was pouring out of our 1 year old A/C unit in the basement(house is 20 years old but we just replaced the A/C unit last year). We tested the drain line and it seems to be clogged. :eek: The AC condensate drains into a closed system of a black rubber tube...

A/C drainage pipe clogged [ 5 Answers ]

The pipe that my ac condensation goes to keeps over filling if the AC is on for a certain amount of time. I assume it is clogged, can I just use a liquid to clean this, thanks.

Washing Machine Drain Pipe clogged [ 3 Answers ]

I have a drain pipe for a washing machine that is clogged. We have tried using a garden hose with a bladder that causes it to shoot high powered water down the pipe but to no avail. Also we tried the sulferic acid concentrate with no luck. Right now we have the drain hose just hanging inside the...

Clogged laundry basin, overflow pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've had problems with laundry sink(basement) we have the washer draining in it and it's overflowed several times. I tried to snake the overflow pipe but I believe there is a solid dirt plug, my guess is maybe tree roots or something. Also there is limited working space because of cabinets...

Vent pipe clogged? [ 2 Answers ]

My first floor bathroom sink drains through vertically down and then through a sloping pipe and then into a septic system. The sink drains very slowly. The other sinks and two showers in the house are OK. I first thought the sink line was clogged, but I have opened and cleaned out the line and...

View more questions Search