Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Oct 24, 2008, 08:59 AM
    I'm having second thoughts about my boyfriend
    Hey everyone!

So I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 2 months and I'm already having second thoughts about us..

Sometimes he just annoys me with what he says and I really question as to whether I can put up with that in the long run (we're soposed to be in the hunnymoon stage at this point and I feel like I'm not)

On one hand I want to give him a chance and give it some time and try to see if my annoyances aren't valid and I'm just being hard on him, he's a really great guy that I don't want to let go so fast

But on the other hand if I stay with him and ignore those things about him I could end up getting attached just because we spend so much time together and by ignoring those problems I could just be prolonging the pain.. for both of us, and it doesn't seem fair to him

I just feel so confused and am wondering if anyone has any advice about it.. thanks all :confused:
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Oct 24, 2008, 09:07 AM

If it has gotten to the point that you are posting here for advice, it must have been going on for a decent amount of time already. The problem with that is that your relationship is only 2 months old, so any decent amount of time is quite a big percentage...

That said, any sort of annoyances are valid. There is no reason to doubt that the issues you have with your relationship aren't valid. In my opinion, it seems silly to hang on to something hoping that it gets better with time... that's just a recipe for disaster, for both of you.

After all, the whole point of dating is to see what is and isn't your type, so that hopefully you move closer and closer to finding that one. Why hang on to one that already appears as if isn't the right type?
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Oct 24, 2008, 09:08 AM

Talk to him about it, and if things don't work out don't worry. You have only been him for dating 2 months.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 09:25 AM

Your just building communications, but paying attention to the bad stuff, as well as the good, is a good sign.

Talk, and see how you both handle your concerns, and his, as I'm sure he has concerns.

That shouldn't stop you from enjoying getting to know each other, because if it does, then you have a decision to stay, or leave.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Oct 26, 2008, 08:36 PM

Hey everyone,

I listened to my gut and broke up with him. It ended well, he told me he felt the same way and it was mutual..

Thanks guys for your advice!
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Oct 26, 2008, 08:44 PM

The moral to the story is, communication is vital.
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Oct 26, 2008, 08:45 PM

IN a relationship you will find things that makes you two get on eachothers nerves I am sure he has felt the same way about you. Maybe you just have commitment issues and your not ready to date yet so you try to find excuses and everything he does annoys you. Try taking some time apart for a few days. If you don't miss him and your having a great time not being with him for them few days. THen break it off with him and enjoy the single life. If you do miss him and relize something is actually there. Maybe you shld talk to him about it and try to get used to his little annoying habits that everyone has about there significant other. Or maybe you guys just spend too much time together nad you need to just go do your own thing for a little bit. In my opinion though it seems as if you don't really want a relationship right now.
    kitten420 Posts: 237, Reputation: 20

Oct 26, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Opps sorry I didn't read the last post. Yes communication is very important. If there is no communication or trust. There is no relationship! Good luck Plonak Hope everything works out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Boyfriend has odd thoughts about my weight and sex [ 16 Answers ]

Hi there My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now, and things are rocky right now. He's 5"6 and incredibly in shape, very toned body. I'm 5"7 and 126 pounds, so I'm small but Im not as toned. I'm not different than when we first started going out. Now, 3 weeks ago he...

Having second thoughts! [ 13 Answers ]

Well all I can say is breaking up is hard and espesically when you are the person getting dumped, two months ago my b/f broke up with me in a bar, I felt like my whole world was over! When we were together I was not the nicest girlfriend and he was constantly running around after me and always...

I need some serious thoughts on this one [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone at AMHP! I have observed that every member here has given such diverse advice about various topics. Now it is my turn to really get your opinion. Okay here goes... I have been with my loved one for 2 years now. We both live together and both have great paying jobs. We get...

Dumped my Boyfriend, Having Second Thoughts if I was right [ 43 Answers ]

All right I need some advice. He's a super attractive guy, the sex was beyond great and when we were together I felt pretty specail to be with him. The problem? Had been with him a little over a month and he still had not, and would not, SAY anything along the lines of how he cared for...

View more questions Search