Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robert_E. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2003, 12:01 AM
    Patent law
    I recently received a patent on an invention. During the process, I was suddenly notified that the Patent Office was publishing my application. Since I had assumed that patent applications were to be kept a secret, I was very surprised that this happened. On researching the issue later, I discovered that the Patent office publishes applications after 18 months. Can anyone explain the reasoning behind making an apparently secret process into a public disclosure. Thanks Robert_E.
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Mar 30, 2005, 09:15 PM
    It's like a doing business as name
    It's like a doing business as name, they are giving the public a chance to respond to your claim. If someone already has proof of such an invention, they can confront you. By the way have you figured out how to sell it. I would be interested in that. I have an invention I would like to sell a licencse for someone to use it and still keep the rights to it. Can you let me know? Thanks
    Piyush Gupta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Hi Darrel,

Even I am also having a Patent Pending on a Surgical Procedure. Please let me know in case you have found a buyer for your invention. As, currently I am looking for a firm who can buy my invention.

Thanks

Piyush Gupta
    India

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short-term assets, Patent, Revenue and capital expenditures [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if Utilities expense, Supplies expense, Advertising cost, Shipping cost if any of these are considered short-term assets? Is prepaid legal fees considered capital expenditure or revenue expenditure? and lastly I need help with this question: Show the journal entry, on June...

View more questions Search