Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 08:56 PM
    After 8 years, am I making the right decision?
    I have been with one guy for the past eight years. We moved in together after we dated for 2 years. We lived in Missouri for 4 years and have lived in Illinois for the past 2 1/2 years. We had a great relationship. We never cheated on each other and he never beat me or anything but we were going no where. He always said he would marry me but he was not ready to right now. I am not sure how much longer he thought I would wait? He never really liked any of my friends and it was like pulling teeth to get him to go to a family function. He always golfed on Sundays and he went to the bar every night after work will I would be sleeping. I decided to go back to school. I am working two jobs as well so I get tired every once in awhile. He is also one of the only people who understood me. He is and was my best friend. He truly loved me. I feel confused because I feel like I am throwing away our relationship but I also want more for myself. It is so hard right now and it has only been 2 days. Am I crazy for breaking things off with him? He has not even fought to get me back? I am so confused. I have either made the biggest mistake of my life or the best decision.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Oct 23, 2008, 08:58 PM

If you truly loved one another. And, he was as great as you say. . You should have waited. Also, he might be using the famous NC rule.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 08:03 AM

Any decision you make to better yourself is a good one.

Give yourself some time to get over him, and stop second guessing yourself.

Of course those old feelings will have you doubting your decision, but you obviously know what you want, and are willing to work hard to get it. Love that in you!!!!

Congrats for putting yourself first. Good Luck whatever you do.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Oct 24, 2008, 09:02 AM

The doubt is normal, it will pass.. Regardless of what you chose, you made a decision for the betterment of you, and you will be happy with the results. It will take time, but know you did what was right by you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint Decision Making [ 6 Answers ]

Our approved parenting plan provides for "Joint" decision making regarding non-emergency healthcare. One would reasonably assume that this includes the decision to schedule appointments, attend appointments, etc. My ex, who is primary, does not include me in decision making. She schedules...

Making a decision [ 3 Answers ]

We have a second mortgage on our home. At this time the monthly payment is not allowing us to make payments on other bills. I have done my best to make payments on time but I don't think I will be able to at this point. My question is we own two homes one has been a rental unit for over 15 years...

Shared decision making concerning children [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has not filed for divorce yet, however she is making all the decisions without consulting me. She has brought a 19 year old boy in and they are making the decisions, I don't know what to do to make her realize I am also the parent of our children. Can someone give my any ideas

Making a decision [ 14 Answers ]

Some one explain this to me... Im just having a bad day once again, trying to keep my head up but this one things keeps bothering me. 1 week before we split she wanted to get married and tld me I'm theo nly one for her. We have a son, then a week later we break up and then a weekafter that...

View more questions Search