Ask
    sandrafortney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Code 39
    How do you fix windows code 39
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 09:29 PM

Below information involves the error you are getting and "most" of the time resolves - it does mention code 39 but is not in RED bold - Follow method 2 as mentioned below

Upperfilters
    Follow method 2 on this link, if this does not resolve problem, the changes you may have made will not effect your computer operation in any way - even if you do not get error 31 follow these steps
    You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Code 39
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Cause

There are several causes of Code 39 errors:
    • A required device driver is missing.
    • A required binary file is corrupted.
    • There is a problem with the file I/O process.
    • A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.

Recommended resolution

Reinstall the drivers for this device.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.
    1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Nov 16, 2008, 10:29 AM

I'm currently having this problem but when I look in the registry I do not find the upperfilter or lowerfilter. There is a lowerfilter.bac but I don't believe that is the one to delete. I have tried the program regcure with no success. What else can be done to fix this problem?
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 10:43 AM

What is listed in device mgr?

When do you recive the 39?

Is the device marked in yellow?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Nov 16, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    what is listed in device mgr?

when do you recive the 39?

Is the device marked in yellow?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.
    I always have this error now. This is what it reads:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

It's no longer marked in yellow. It was and then when I ran RegCure and found it was no longer in yellow but I still have the error. As far as software or hardware changes I have not made either except for the Windows updates.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 04:21 PM

Right click on device and choose uninstall and say OK

Now close all windows and restart PC

See if you still get error and check the upper and lower filters again to see if they are according to the site above
    You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Zip code [ 6 Answers ]

How can I find my 'zip code' I thought it was only a US thing

Code 19 [ 1 Answers ]

Have done everything everybody tells me to do! NOTHING WORKS! Have an LG CED8080b cd rom writer. Computer does not show it any more. Worked fine until a few days ago, Have tried uninstalling/disabling, reinstalling, updating driver, updating firmware, booting from floppy with firmware, system...

Need help in VB Code [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, Iam traying to get result of my record as below If next record is biger than previous show "1" If next record is same previous show "1" If next record is smallest show "0" if next record is same previous show "0" Example

View more questions Search