Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Notifying child support
    My girlfriend owes over $10,000 in child support. She has been working at her new job for over three months. She has not told the "department of social services" that she has a job and they have not found out themselves that she has a job after over three months. My question is if she has a obligation to notify them that she has started working and can she get into trouble if she does not notify them?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 07:12 PM

Just let them know yourself and they will take care of it. Her employer should have sent off her info already. There is a national registry and that's how they normally find it but it wouldn't be unusual for it to take forever. So its in your best interest to just tell them and get it over with.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 07:16 PM

If she owes that much in support she better start paying or she can get in trouble for that with or with out a job. Why would she have to tell the department of social services anyway? It is the child support office that wants to collect the money. But if she is required then obviously she can get in trouble for not notifying them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 07:28 PM

She has a obligation to pay, if the court order says she has to notify them of a job then she has to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search