Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornapartgirl11 View Post
    I just got a phamplet from the Dr on all methods of bc, and according to that the withdrawal (pullout) method is 70%
    IF used correctly and it takes a LOT of practice to use correctly. A man also must know his body VERY well.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornapartgirl11 View Post
    I just got a phamplet from the Dr on all methods of bc, and according to that the withdrawal (pullout) method is 70%
    If someone put a gun to your head and said "there's only a 30% chance you'll get shot", would you tell them to go for it? I wouldn't. :rolleyes:
    Tnovak74 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 11:12 AM
    To ask this question, I have to play a roll:
    Boy: why won't you have sex with me?
    Girl: I am scared
    Boy: Don't you trust me?
    Girl: yes but I don't want to get pregnant
    Boy: we can use a condom
    Girl: but Im not ready
    Boy: don't you love me?
    Girl: yes, but I'm just not ready
    Boy: what's not to be ready about? I love you, you love me...

What should the girls answer be?

Mar 1, 2011, 11:16 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    The breastfeeding form of contraception I think is less effective than effective. A few of my friends tried this method and became pregnant within 10 to 20 weeks after giving birth exclusively breastfeeding. Maybe the withdraw combined with breastfeeding would be 99% effective.
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnovak74 View Post
    to ask this question, I have to play a roll:
    boy: why won't you have sex with me?
    girl: I am scared
    boy: Don't you trust me?
    girl: yes but I don't want to get pregnant
    boy: we can use a condom
    girl: but Im not ready
    boy: don't you love me?
    girl: yes, but I'm just not ready
    boy: whats not to be ready about? I love you, you love me...

what should the girls answer be?
    The girl's answer should be "If you love me, then you would respect my decision to stay a virgin until I am ready."

Mar 1, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I like that answer. My 13 year old daughter told me this last night. She hasn't talked to this boy since he brought that up. I hope she's not ready until she's 40 lol.
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 02:39 PM

She's 13! Wow, as a mother I would be forbidding her to see him AND my husband would probably be on the phone to his parents!

My 17 year old still says she's not ready.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 04:27 AM

>>>>>>the breastfeeding form of contraception I think is less effective than effective. A few of my friends tried this method and became pregnant within 10 to 20 weeks after giving birth exclusively breastfeeding. Maybe the withdraw combined with breastfeeding would be 99% effective.

Exclusive breastfeeding is actually one of the most effective means of birthcontrol... but the key is in it being exclusive and frequent.

Fertility may return for some women as soon as a baby starts to spread out feeds on a regular basis... for others, not until more weaning and/or sleeping longer stretches has taken place.

I agree completely with J_9's comment regarding having sex when not ready. The "but we love each other" line is an old standing one to try and talk a girl into having sex when she is reluctant. Her response of "loving and respecting me enough to wait" is the way to go. If the guy balks, and does not respect that decision, he needs to be let go. I hope your daughter sees through this boy if he continues to try and talk her into it. Time to think with her head and not her heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Two questions. [ 6 Answers ]

When a girl has sex with a guy unprotected and he finishes inside her.. how long does it take for the to come out of her? This next question is extremely personal and has to do with STD's but I don't know where else to ask it so I'll ask it under this topic.. I had sex with my boyfriend like...

Car questions [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I have some questions about cars. Is it better to buy a used newer car with more miles or a used older car with less miles? Also if I buy a car from a individual, not a car company, do I still pay a tax on the car? In addition to that, once I buy the car, how I get a license plate...

Tax questions for the EIC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my sister is married and has 3 kids, 2 of the oldest were born normal but the 3rd was born with profound mental retardation and is now 13 years old and lives at home with his parents, she use to claim the oldest kids on here taxs for the EIC but has never claimed the 13 year old before until...

Three questions... [ 6 Answers ]

I've read through just about every question posted trying to find information on Daschund pregnancies. What I've found is not any help at all! The reason being is that we have only had our dog for just about a month now. We got her through some people who had picked up the abandoned dogs... the...

View more questions Search