Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shante98 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 02:16 PM

Is there a chance that I could be pergnant
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 02:20 PM

If the sex was right around the time of ovulation, then yes, you could be pregnant. If you happened to ovulate say on the 12th, for example, then no as your egg is only able to be fertilized in the first 12-24 hours after it is released. Best chances of getting pregnant are to have the sperm, which can live a few days prior to ovulation, ready and waiting.
    There is actually a pretty small window of time each month a woman can become pregnant.
    shante98 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 02:29 PM

Thank you sorry for so many question but my period is suppose to come next week when will b the best time to test
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 06:19 PM

Best time would be if your period doesn't show up. Some women do get accurate results a few days before their period is due, but the accuracy increases if you wait several days later.
    18Ahunnie Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Feb 26, 2009, 09:09 PM

I have got too questions for you...

Do u know anything about the metal rod birthcontrol that stays in for 3 years? I am going to see a gynocologist in 2 months and I am not too sure if it is a safe thing to do.

How do u like being a nurse? I am currently in school in process of becoming one. Any encouraging advice?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Ahunnie View Post
    I have got too questions for you...

Do u know anything about the metal rod birthcontrol that stays in for 3 years? I am going to see a gynocologist in 2 months and i am not too sure if it is a safe thing to do.

How do u like being a nurse? I am currently in school in process of becoming one. Any encouraging advice?
    I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever heard of the metal rod. Is this implanted in the uterus similar to and IUD or is this a contraceptive implant usually implanted in the underside of the arm?

I LOVE being a nurse.

Words of advice: There is a light at the tunnel and it is NOT a train. :p

Even if you get a C on a test or for the semester, C means CONTINUE.

And

Study HARD!!
    18Ahunnie Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Feb 27, 2009, 12:26 PM

its inserted on the undereside of the arm

Me mom is becoming an RPN but I want to become and RN. Thank you though hat was very helpful.=)
    taylor09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 01:16 PM

Hi I'm new and I have a question I'm 28 yr old and trying to have a baby on feb 18 and 19 I had sex unprotected and again on the 22 my period was in the beginning of the month I also had sex on the 28 all of these time my fiancé ejaculated in me and my period came on march 3 is there still a chance of pregnancy
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 01:27 PM

Period pretty typically = not pregnant.

It is VERY rare that someone is pregnant and is still menstrating.
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Mar 4, 2009, 02:06 PM
    How long does sperm stay in the body? According to my ovulation calendar. My fertile days were Feb 24th -27th. I think I ovulated on the 28th. I heard its best to have sex before ovulation. We did on the 25th. And again on the 28th. Is it a chance that the sperm from that day stayed till the 28th? I never paid attention to signs of ovulation and sorry to admit I'm still not 100 % when I do. I said I did the 28th because I had discharge. I only had that once the whole day. Another embarrassing question I have is Is ovulation and all day thing or a few hours? Yes I do have 3 children but again I never looked into how the whole process work until now. Sorry this post is long. Please forgive me.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Firstly let me say that your purple color is very pretty, but it makes it harder for us older folks to read.

Now, healthy sperm can last in the body for up to 5 days. As for ovulation, the egg is only viable for fertilization for a 24 hour period.
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Mar 5, 2009, 10:23 AM

I'm sorry about the color. Thank you for your response.
    Littleones Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Okay this one is Just out of curiosity. I have a friend who had a tubule ligation when she was younger. She wasn't supposed to be able to have children but she now has 2. I was just wondering what the odds were that would happen to someone else who has had this procedure.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 10:30 AM

It will depend on how it was done. Some will have an extremely low failure rate, less than 1%... others will be higher, roughly 3-5%. Most women will find a tubal ligation is a permanent form of birth control.
    Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleones View Post
    Okay this one is Just out of curiosity. I have a friend who had a tubule ligation when she was younger. She wasn't supposed to be able to have children but she now has 2. I was just wondering what the odds were that would happen to someone else who has had this procedure.
    Are you sure she had a tubal before having any children? Most doctors will not do this until a woman has had at least 2 children.

Mar 22, 2009, 07:56 PM

Yes I am sure she had it done. She was in her 20's when she had it done because she didn't want to be a mother at that time. And now with her two little ones she says she wouldn't change it for the world. But she told me that 2 years after her tubal she got pregnant with her little girl. And 3 years after having her little girl she got pregnant with her son. I was with her in the doctors office when she went in and found out she was pregnant with her son and he said for her having a tubal she shouldn't have had the first one let alone be pregnant with the second. She has lived in the same town her whole life so I am inclined to believe her medical records are correct.

Mar 22, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Also, My sister has had 3 kids and because she is in her early 20's they said they would not do one for her because of her young age. Also they said it was because she may desided later on in life to have more kids. I don't know how accurat that is either because as I said my friend was in her 20's when she had hers done. But then again she is in her late 30's now so things may have changed
    Wondering24 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2009, 05:33 AM

So I know there are hundreds of questions from women who are trying to 'read the signs' and figure out what everything means... I'd like to add another one! I'm 25, healthy, no previous pregnancies, and am in a long-term relationship with my fiancé. I've been taking the pill almost continuously since I was 18 but have recently experienced a change in my period. For the past several months it has been starting later and later (once I take the last 'real' pill, it normally starts within 2 - 3 days) but now it's been gradually starting later. Last month (middle of my cycle) my fiancé and I had sex and a few days afterwards I began spotting light-brown discharge for a few days then it stopped. I was supposed to start my period on Sunday (but didn't and it's now Thursday) and this afternoon I noticed a very bright pinkish/light red discharge but only briefly and nothing more. I am wondering if it's normal to suddenly have a change in my period these past several months (after years of the same) and then if the current lack-of-period could be indicative of a pregnancy? Or something else? Last pap was normal (less than a year ago) but the changes concern me. I'm supposed to re-start taking the 'real' pill tomorrow but I'll take a pregnancy test if there's still no period by then. Sorry for the long question: I'm just looking for reassurance that this is normal or whether it could be indicative of something else! Thanks in advance!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 09:43 AM

Pregnancy is possible as no contraception is 100% effective.

Thee are also a lot of other things that could cause what you are experiencing.
    Head to your doctor and get a blood test done to confirm whether you are pregnant.
    Ask him if you can be changed to a different pill...
    I had to do this as after 3 years of being on the same pill my cycle started going out of whack, I would get my period in the middle of the 'real' pills but it would only be a brown discharge...
    Contraception chaged, now I have no problems... :)
    heyitscharley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 10:45 AM
    OK!

Sooo.. about a week and a half ago, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex, however it was very short and he didn't ejaculate and he has NEVER had precum before. My period came right on time (seven days later) but it was dark red and brown. I usually have cramps and it is heavy when it starts but this time it's light (doesn't fill up a tampon completely) and it's not red anymore (it's the third day).

I have been under A LOT of stress, so I don't know if that could affect it this much but I'm hoping that I am not pregnant, since it is brown (I heard brown spotting means that I could be pregnant).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Two questions. [ 6 Answers ]

When a girl has sex with a guy unprotected and he finishes inside her.. how long does it take for the to come out of her? This next question is extremely personal and has to do with STD's but I don't know where else to ask it so I'll ask it under this topic.. I had sex with my boyfriend like...

Car questions [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I have some questions about cars. Is it better to buy a used newer car with more miles or a used older car with less miles? Also if I buy a car from a individual, not a car company, do I still pay a tax on the car? In addition to that, once I buy the car, how I get a license plate...

Tax questions for the EIC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my sister is married and has 3 kids, 2 of the oldest were born normal but the 3rd was born with profound mental retardation and is now 13 years old and lives at home with his parents, she use to claim the oldest kids on here taxs for the EIC but has never claimed the 13 year old before until...

Three questions... [ 6 Answers ]

I've read through just about every question posted trying to find information on Daschund pregnancies. What I've found is not any help at all! The reason being is that we have only had our dog for just about a month now. We got her through some people who had picked up the abandoned dogs... the...

View more questions Search