Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debyruog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Algebra 9th grade word problems
    Find the number of ful 8 hour shifts that Maria worked last month.
    1) She worked twice as many 6 hour shifts as 8 hour shifts.
    2) She worked a total of 280 hours.

How do we solve??
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 23, 2008, 06:33 PM

I'm going to try not to give too much away. Part of what you shoud be learning is HOW to think about these word problems... not just the math. That HOW may be different for you and me but in any case it takes some practice... or it did for me.

Consider: How would you solve if it was simply asking for the number of 8 hour shifts to get 280 hours? x, let's say, being equal to the number of shifts

Now write line 1.) in terms of x

Think about it and write and solve the full formula.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

9th Grade Algebra [ 11 Answers ]

Solving for a Specific Variable Solve for y:... I need to show my work xy = 6 and x - 4y/3 = 8

Grade 11 Algebra. [ 1 Answers ]

please I'm in need of some serious help.. I have some work due tomorrow how do I solve this problem: 3n(8 - 2N) & these: -2n(4 + 5n) -6n(4n - 9) -3ab(b - 2a) (a - 3)(a + 3)

9th Grade algebra [ 19 Answers ]

I need help with some algebra I just don't get. 3(5x-4) = 8x + 2 I just need someone to explain the basics. I can figure out if someone would tell me how to do it.

Algebra word problems [ 3 Answers ]

Mr. Buddy is thinking of starting a pseudo manufacturing business.  He plans to make cheap Tuxedos for sale to party goers.  He doesn’t know anything about sewing clothes or fabric, but he has the idea and some money to invest and wants to consider the clothing business.  He believes that his...

View more questions Search