Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prat01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 04:02 PM
    No flame on heat setting
    Lightning hit furnace, knocked out circuit board about 4 months ago. Replaced w/ new. A/c unit working ,but when heat cycle is turned on, unit will cycle to let igniter glow , but will not let gas flow to ignite flame for heat. Any suggestions? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Quite a few items can cause this problem especially if the unit was hit by lightning. I suggest calling a professional for ON SITE service. There could be more than one problem and as a safety precaution it should be professionally checked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan setting on a heat thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

Can you explain to me what this setting is for? We do not have central air but the "fan" option is on the thermostat. I put the setting on "cool", then "fan" and set the thermostat temp for 60 degrees. Cool air came out for about a half hour and cut off automatically and did not come back on. I...

Heat setting [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ny state and own a house with an apartment what is the correctthermasate setting for heat is the heat to be set at 68 degress or 72 degress > Where can I look up this information

AC unit won't turn off when on heat setting [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Amana furnace and for some reason the cool air keeps blowing out. Both the furnace and the ac unit seem to be running at the same time. Earlier today I was able to get hot air out of the vents, but now nothing but cold air. The thermostat is set to heat, so I don't know why the ac unit...

View more questions Search