Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Dishwasher full of water
    I have an older Kitchenaid dishwasher and the bottom always has about a gallon of water at the end of the cycle. This problem is not addressed in the little manual it came with. Is something plugged? Is a pump not pumping?

Any help much appreciated!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 03:30 PM

It's fixed!

I read the manual and also this web page.
    Why won't the dish water drain? : APWagner.com Appliance Parts

I checked the drain hoses, but they looked normal. Then I checked the air gap at the sink and found it had some junk clogging it. Removed the junk, and the machine drained fine the next time!

Yay. I don't have to spend big bucks on a new dishwasher or new drain pump.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well water is suddenly full of mud. [ 6 Answers ]

We have well water and after 4 years of use we all of a suddden have muddy water, mu husband attached a hose and let the water run for a day and it started to clear up, but now after a day od fairly clear water our water is full of dirt again. We also notied that there was a lot of tiny little air...

Full of water [ 1 Answers ]

My wirlpool washer full of water after cycle

Cold water tank full of hot water [ 3 Answers ]

All the cold taps upstairs and the toilet are now running hot. Cold water tank in the loft is full of hot water! Help!

Septic was empty now full of water [ 1 Answers ]

Yesturday I had our septic tank pumped out. We have only been here 2 years but we knoew it had been a while since it was dune. Boy were we right the gentlemen said it was very very thick. Okay he cleaned it out. Now today my toilet is not working right when you plunge it nothing comes up after...

Drain pan full of water [ 2 Answers ]

Our AC unit located inside, is dripping water into the drain pan. However the drain pan and bottom of the floor is full of water? Where does this water go, and do we need to call a service tech. The unit seems to be working fine, even though it is over 10yrs old. Im very unfamiliar with the unit...

View more questions Search