Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smart08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Centering Frames In GoLive
    I've got my website completely designed but I'm having problems centering the frames to display correctly when posted. Could you please help?
    Thank you!:)
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 01:24 AM
    What do you mean by "center the frames"? Do you have an example we can view?

If you want your frames to stay in a certain place when the page is resized etc. make sure you use percentages in your frameset:
    Code:
    <frameset cols="25%, 25%">
        <frame src="leftframe.html" />
        <frame src="rightframe.html" />
    </frameset>
    smart08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 05:08 AM
    This is part of the code I've used to create the frames.

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="generator" content="Adobe GoLive" />
    <title>Aboutus Subsite</title>
    <link href="../css/basic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />
    </head>
    <frameset cols="*">
    <frameset rows="172,*"border=0>
    <frame name="Header" src="../Headers/Header_AboutUs_test.html" noresize="noresize" scrolling="no" />
    <frame name="Body" src="../About%20Us/Company%20Information.html" noresize="noresize" />
    <noframes>

<body>
    <p></p>
    </body>

</noframes>
    </frameset>
    I've got 2 frames and one links to header that I've created and the other is the body. I don't know if this will help. But right now when I preview it in a browser it just stays left justified. I would like it to be centered not matter what screen size you open.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

Creating arched frames for screened porch? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a screened porch that has 3 arched frames that need replacing. They were made with 2x2 lumber originally and are literally falling apart. What is the best way to recreate these and the best way to attach these? It is a brick home and the porch arches are brick as well. The floor of the...

Eye glass frames [ 1 Answers ]

Who fixes old eye glass frames in Massachusetts?

Centering a Golive web site when published [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am building a website in Adobe Golive. The website, with the exception of the index page, is constructed of frames: top and bottom. The top frame is 640x480 pixels, and the navigational frame on the bottom is 60 pixels with links hitting the top main frame. I have two questions: How...

View more questions Search