Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakwon30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Is it OK for my wife to hide male friends
    Me and my wife been together for about 10 yrs and maried only 3 yrs... recently I looked in her moble phone and saw a text message and a phone number... so my ego was killing me and I called the number to later find out that it was a male and not the female name she had it under.. my question would be is... is it OK for her to have male friends I don't know about and to list them under a woman name.. I found it strange to be texting someone at 5 am.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Oct 23, 2008, 12:13 PM

"Is it ok to have male friends" - Yes

"Is it ok to hide them and list them under female names" - No

Is this situation a little strange (i.e. female name, txting at 5am etc.) - Yes
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 12:15 PM

I agree with dragonfly. I wouldn't hide the fact that I have male friends from my husband. On a side note, are you sure the name couldn't be used for a male? There are a lot of names out there that work for either.

Oct 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
    The name that hse has is her new boss name... and the perosn lives in another state.. but the sad thing is that she will not teel me his name where she met him and how long they been talking... she is mad cause I found the info n her phone
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 12:26 PM

So she's mad that she got caught talking to another guy? Not sorry that she's been hiding it from you? Does she do a lot of traveling?

Oct 23, 2008, 12:31 PM
    No she doesn't travel... but she feels that since I called the guy then she shouldn't have to tell me anything... all she can say is that he is a friend and there is nothing going on... but why would she be hiding him from me? And she has been in contact with an ex boyfriend also and she know how I feel about that...
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 12:35 PM

She shouldn't be hiding that fact that she's talking to him for any reason if there's nothing going on. If you two trust each other the fact that she has a male friend she talks to shouldn't be a problem, if there's nothing going on like she says.

Oct 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
    What really makes me mad is that when I was asking her about him she was laughing and she refuse to tell me his name and how they met... she said it don't matter cuase I don't know him... I want to know why she doesn't want to give me that information.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 12:42 PM

How often does she talk to this guy?

Oct 23, 2008, 12:45 PM
    She talks to him about 3 or more times daliy for the last 4 months or longer and about every other day
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 12:51 PM

Instead of asking who he is and how they met ask her why she won't give you those answers. I would be curious.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Is it OK for my wife to hide male friends
    No way, and conversation stops until you have the answers you want. Are you the jealous type, or has this been an issue before? Dude that's NOT a good sign.
    Having said that...

Why were you looking at her phone in the first place?

Could she be setting you up??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend Insecure about Male Friends [ 6 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for over 5 years now. He has a history of being an impulsive gambler. He would spend hundreds of dollars in 1 night. About 2 years ago we built a house together and married under the impression he had left that life behind. Everything went great at first until I found...

Is it OK for my wife to have male friends [ 47 Answers ]

Shaul I be OK with my wife of 10 years have male friends.when she has never had any before. :confused:

Wife and male friend [ 13 Answers ]

Should I be concerned about this? My wife says she has a "friend" who is a male she use to work with. They have been keeping in contact and he has a boat that he wants to take us on. In her cell phone he is listed by first initial and last name which I find strange. Also, she has deleted her call...

No male friends? [ 7 Answers ]

If you are married are you really not allowed to hang out with male friends? I was shocked by the answers to this post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/male-friend-185154.html I have some question so I thought I'd start a new thread to avoid a hijack. I honestly don't get it! ...

How do I hide my crimial past when my friends keep bringing it up? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been in jail and since being released I joke with my friends about it to stop it from affecting me in life.but now they joke about it in front of new friends and I can't shake my past,but at the same time I need to joke about it or else it will just set me back in my old ways.what do I do?

View more questions Search