Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
    This is getting spooky !
    I read a post here about a year ago regarding the paranormal significance of ll:ll showing up several times under different circumstances, i.e. looking at the clock and it reads ll:ll, maybe every time you look at the clock, be it am or pm. Or the date coming up ll:ll while you are reading a book. Or something costing $ll.ll. It is more then a coincidence if it happens like this.

I didn't exactly scoff at the post a year ago, because I sincerely believe there are 'more things between heaven and earth than are dreamt of, etc'.

So, today I looked at my watch and it was ll:ll; last night I woke up and looked at my clock and it said ll:ll. My grocery bill came to $ll.ll the other day.

Therefore, this is spooky and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this happening ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Nope. I look at my watch/clock at all different times of the day. My grocery bill come to varying amounts.
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 09:14 AM

I don't exactly look at mine at the same time every day either. Both times were happenstance.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:22 AM

If both your watch and/or grocery bill display pipes rather than the number 1, then that certainly is paranormal.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Or the lower case "L". THAT would be spooky.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 23, 2008, 11:18 AM

I gave up wearing a watch, and threw my alarm clock away years ago. I eat when I'm hungry, get up when the dogs start scratching at the door to be let out. Retirement is fantastic, thought I'd say so for the benefits of those of you who "are still into time"
    I also noticed it is quite easy to just hand the grocery store clerk my club card and ATM card and then smile and walk out the door after she's done with them. Years ago, when I ran a cash register, the old geezers like me would just hand over their checkbook and we would make the bill and check out for them to sign. And several of our customers signed their names with an X. Have we actually made progress? Maybe not, just more stressed!
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 01:24 PM

wildandblue, I am not talking about checking my watch all the time and retirement doesn't interest me. I will be 66 on Saturday. I am talking about just by chance checking my watch and seeing ll:ll and my clock last night at ll:ll.

I guess no one else saw those posts regarding ll:ll a year ago that everyone apparently understood and had noticed.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 01:32 PM

OK, I know this post wasn't meant to be funny but the answers are cracking me up. I'm going to have to research 11:11 now to understand what you're talking about
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 03:56 PM

I failed, I guess, to see the humour the way you did, ZoeMarie. No the post wasn't meant to be funny, that's why I posted in paranormal.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 04:02 PM

I know what you are talking about, tickle. My boyfriend recently passed and always catch the time at his birthday which is 8/11. The latest was today when someone sent me an email at 8:11 p.m last night. I've always heard when you see 11:11, to make a wish. I've never heard anything else. Maybe you will get an answer you are looking for. Good luck :)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Try checking out Coast to Coast AM.

I heard this oddity discussed on the radio show, I would think there can something be found at the website.

You got to admit, some of the answers were funny.

Cap don't miss a thing.

NK kills me.

I even noticed it a few times for some reason. Scratched my head and went on, and looked back couple minutes later. All has been OK. If it ever is the same when I look back, then I will know I am in deep crap.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 02:49 AM

tickle, first of all I apologise for my jesting earlier in the thread - I answer this specific question maybe once a month on this site, and to be honest I didn't realise it was you doing the asking. (but why all the pipes? Is your 1 key broken?)

It's simply a human phenomenon. 11:11 stands out to a human as something special because we have evolved very good pattern recognition skills. (and you don't see other patterns so often - 22:22 only happens once a day and the others don't happen at all)

As for why you always see it: it's because of something called confirmation bias. This means that every time you see something that is not 11:11 you dismiss it and forget about it because it's not something special. However every time you DO see 11:11 you go "wow that's special" and you remember it. It's the way your brain works making you think that you see this number more often than chance should dictate, but in fact you're just forgetting other non-special events.

It's something that all of us notice, you just have to realise it's part of being human, not a paranormal effect.

I hope this helps. I do truly believe this to be a natural effect dcaused by the way our brains are wired to deal with the world.
    Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 03:33 AM

Capuchin, 'i don't always see it', I didn't say that. (I don't know why I used the letters for ll:ll, nothing is broken).

I am not especially interested in the paranormal per se but I do perk my ears up when something unusal occurs because of the few incidents over the years that have happened to me. I won't elaborate.

That post about 11:11 got stuck and my head for some reason and this subject has come up a few times over the last year with people still responding to that post.

Yes I agree with what you are saying.

It was just too much of a coincidence that 11:11 came up three timers in the last two days. I will admit to being superstitious.

Thanks for your reply and there was really no need to apologize.

ms. tickle
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 03:39 AM

Humans have a naturally bad understanding of statistics. (people are afraid of flying but will happily drive a car every day etc.). I think your brain is making a bigger deal of the coincidence than it actually is. It's natural, my brain would do so too!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 06:39 AM

I was born at 7:11 am. Whenever my Dad would notice the time and I was with him, he'd say, "It's my Baby's time." and give me a little kiss on the cheek.

My Dad passed away four years ago and still, whenever I see 7:11 I hear him saying "It's my Baby's time."

I don't think its paranormal, persay, but maybe an internal little reminder of my Dad's love, that just happens to be at the same time on random days.

This is probably similar to your 11:11 thing. Your internal, subconscious is more in-tune to 11:11 because its become a "thing."
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 08:50 AM

To be quite honest, guys, I was disappointed in some of the replies because it made my post look like someone who was absolutely obssessing over this silly 11:11. If you have ever read any of my posts you will have noticed I am pretty level headed with both feet on the ground.

If ever I say anything about the paranormal it is usually something that has touched me personally and I enter into it with an open mind, as I was this time.

I really didn't need any of the smart answers I got here, until of course, a few realized it was me posting and apologized.

But I still love you all no matter what you do and think you are a great bunch of people.

ms. tickle

tkrussell helped me out a lot with theat website.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 08:59 AM

I didn't think sharing a personal remembrance of my Dad and me was a "smart reply"... sorry if it offended you.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 25, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Tickle it is not unusual that you have this going on. Actually there are a lot of people who see the time 11:11 or other repeating numbers like 2:22, 3:33 or 6:66. I wake up at 3:14 a.m. every night. Explain that? Odd, but why are we just programed to look? Or is someone trying to tell us something? Depends on what you believe. Do yo have any relevant spiritual beliefs about this 11:11 experience? What was your first initial thought once you realized this was happening? Maybe you're an angel incarnate, alien incarnated on Earth for the first time, maybe you're here on a spiritual mission! Is it a sign that you are not alone? Is it programmed subconsciously? Wake up call?

See, I searched 3:14 of all chapters in the bible (cut and paste) you would not believe what happened... is it chance or coincidence? Is it a message? Is it programed subconsciously? Have you become obsessed over patterns? No one is trying to disprove you... ultimately you will know what is being said. This is only an objective point of view.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 26, 2008, 10:38 AM

Yes and my reply about just ignoring this very creepy, very sinister but complete coincidence was meant to be reassuring. Honest! Have I told you about my paranormal experience with a chainsaw wielding ghost? No? OK forget I mentioned it.
    If you were being chased by the number 1066, or even 1492, after all this is October, maybe not a complete coincidence. Otherwise what's the difference? You rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes 3 times in a row? Let's call the Guinness Book people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"spooky" harbor breeze fan [ 6 Answers ]

My fan (about 6 yrs old) is coming on even when the remote is off. I wake up at night with the light on... or the fan on high... this is even with the battery removed from remote. I have no pullchain. Am I in danger of a possible short in the wiring causing a fire? What is my next step?

Modifying a HPS ballast, spooky! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi chaps, I have a 400W Metal Halide bulb and ballast. The bulb socket is permanantly attached to the end of the ballast and the unit is designed to hang vertically from the opposite end of the ballast. I would like to separate the ballast from the bulb by two meters. I have opened the ballast...

View more questions Search