Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akoto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Busted pipe under homes slab
    Hello All,

My husband and I are in our home just about two years. It is October and we have no heat or hot water. Our hot water, which heats our home through our baseboard heating has busted. We know this because we hear water running in our living room, near our base board. That particular pipe goes into the floor. The plummer saids it seems to be a pipe underneath our floor. The first plummer said it was too big a job for him. He referred us to someone else, who wants to start by bypassing where we here the leak. Why does it seem like we have to reinvent the wheel. My Insurance company will not cover it if the water has not caused any visibal damage. Does anyone have any ideas. My house is getting coolder by the day and I have a Child with Asthma. I think we may have to move for some months. HELP. P.S. We can not afford any of this.

J Green
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 05:45 PM

Have your insurance company adjuster come out to your house. By now the water has done some damage. Have him inspect the floors and under them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pipe leak under slab [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO. I really need help here. I saw water standing at the corner of our house. Water is coming from under the slab. Turned off all water valves in house... meter still running. Thanks .kudeetz

Under slab pipe leak [ 2 Answers ]

How do I locate the leak in a pipe that is under a concrete slab?

Busted toilet drain pipe on a slab 1973 home [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all and Happy Holidays. I have a bit of a dilema with a bathroom Im redmodeling. I hope soemone can provide me with some plumbing education, since Im lost. It all started with me deciding to remove the old toilet. Keep in mind, Im in an L shaped ranch, bathrooms are back to back,...

Copper pipe in the slab [ 5 Answers ]

In moving our kitchen to another part of the house, I discovered (after removing the old floor cabinets) that the plumbing seems rather "unusual". The 3/4" lines comes out of the floor (slab) to go up to the old sink, but then cross over above the slab about a foot before then going down again...

View more questions Search