Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coffe1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Kenmore sometimes won't spin
    Greetings, My 5 year old kenmore elite washer (11022932100) sometimes won't spin in the spin cylce. I have spun tub manually once around and then it has worked after I did that. If it goes through the cycle but is not spinning it still sounds like it is working.Any ideas?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Jun 5, 2006, 04:21 PM
    If you spun the inner basket with the machine off, I would ask how easily it rotated? Was it easy or quite difficult to turn it?
    coffe1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 07:01 AM
    It didn't spin well at first but a second later it seemed to catch. About a year ago it made some squeeling sounds during spinning. I guess that was the beginning of my problem.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Jun 6, 2006, 07:05 PM
    It sounds like you may have a problem with the basket drive. The basket drive also provides a brake mechanism when the unit stops spinning. If the brake isn't releasing, it won't spin. It has "brake pads" that eventually will fail, but most machines make it through their entire useful life with no problem. You may have an exception to the rule. In order to inspect the basket drive, the pump, drive motor, agitator and transmission must be removed. If you wish, I can try to help you, but you may want to just have it serviced professionally. Most of my customers get anywhere from 8 to 12 years out of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Will not Drain or Spin [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenomre Elite Washer and the water will not drain or spin. I have check to make sure there are no clogs or anything blocking the drain. I also have removed all the clothes except a few to make sure it is not heavy. When it gets to the part were it shouild drain and spin nothing...

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Kenmore elite top loader will not spin... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite (calypso) Model#110.21062000 that will not move from the rinse cycle into the spin cycle. It will give to different error codes occassionally: 1) "LD" - long drain, 2) "SL" - suds lock. In both cases the unit appears to be draining without any difficulties as observed by the...

Kenmore washer won't spin, clicking [ 17 Answers ]

We have a relatively new (3 years or so) Kenmore Elite washer. It has been having the same problem on and off for a few weeks now. The washer will agitate during the wash and rinse cycles, but stops when it gets to the spin cycle. It just sits there full of water from the rinse, and emits a foul...

Kenmore Washer Won't Complete Spin Cycle [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore 110.4549290 that will agitate, and even will spin up to and including the start of the rinse cycle. It then drains the first rinse water, puts in a couple cups of water, but does not go into the rest of the spin cycle. The timer can be heard running (quietly), and it shuts...

View more questions Search