Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms awesome Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2008, 02:40 AM
    Deleted files
    Hi, let me know the possibility of retrieving files which were accidentally deleted,
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 03:11 AM

You don't say what your operating system is, but we'll assume Windows XP or Vista.
    Look for a "Recycle Bin" icon on your desktop. Double-click that and you should see a list of deleted files. Highlight the ones you want and click "Restore the Selected Items". They will be put back into the original folders that they were deleted from.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the information-where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycli [ 7 Answers ]

Well it's a tough one so ill try to explain the best I can When you delete a file it can be undelted with programs I'm not concerned with undeleting the file where is the information stored on my hard drive I'm looking for the information that tells the undeleter program what been deleted ...

How can I recover deleted files? [ 1 Answers ]

I deleted video files that I absolutely need, and I emptied my recycling bin. Is there any way of recovering them without having to purchase software? Also, how can I make more room on my computer? I bought the WD Sync extra hard drive, but I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I basically need...

Recovering deleted files [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to retrieve some of my deleted files. What I find so far, is that some of the so-called free downloads seem to be an enticement to "buy" the software. All that they seem to do is scan and list the deleted files. When I try to recover the files, they want me to purchase the...

Reinstalling deleted files [ 1 Answers ]

I made a mistake and deleted 2 files I get this error message.Cannot find a file device that may be needed to run windows or a windows application.Windows registry or system.ini. Files refer to this device file no longer exists .C:progra~1/symantec/symevnt.386. And the other one file is...

Files That can't Be Deleted [ 2 Answers ]

There are certain files on my computer that I cannot delete, no matter how many times I try. When I try to delete them, a message pops up that says it cannot read the source file on the disk, or that it is an unspecified file. How can I get rid of these? :confused:

View more questions Search