Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikaela Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Passport last name different from green card
    My son came in US using my last name in his passport and green card,last year his passport was renewed and last name was changed using my husbands last name.But my son's green card is still with my last name.Question is... We are planning to go home in philippines but I'm worried that this will cause a problem with the discrepancy.we also applied for a citizenship but it will take 6-8 months.can my son still travel?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 10:28 AM

You should request name change in green card as soon as he has his new passport. File I-90.
    In case you can't wait, you must have any proof of name change to submit to immigration officer at port of entry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining us passport for green card holder [ 17 Answers ]

I've search and haven't found anything. I'm a non us citizen but a green card holder, how do I obtain a us passport besides becoming a us citizen. Going to travel to japan soon and I won't have enough time 2 become a us citizen. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Husband stole passport and green card. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian female based in US having a green card and have a 10 month son who is a US citizen. On our recent trip to India my husband and in laws took my son's US passport, my Indian passport and green card and are not giving it back making us forcibly stay here. My husband has returned...

L1B to green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have been working in US on L1B visa for close to 2 and 1/2 yrs now. My company is planning to extend my L1B to another term of 2 yrs, which would make my total time on L1B 5yrs. When should my company ideally file my green card application? If my company applies for my GC, and I...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

Old greek passport, green card application [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, So I am a greek citizen married to a US citizen. My green card interview is coming up soon but I have not gotten the new greek passport yet (nor will I have it until the interviw). My passport is not expiring any time soon but my understanding is that it is invalid since jan 2007 (when...

View more questions Search