Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prosty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2006, 01:31 AM
    Ways IT can help managers
    Hello guys,
    I would be very grateful if you could help me know:
    1. Ways Information Technology can help managers fulfil their responsibilities.
    2. Functions of operating system
    Any answer from you good people would be very much appreciated and thanks.
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Jun 7, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Lol is this a question on a test?
    prosty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Which ever u want to understand it. I just need some help that's all.
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Jun 9, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Q1 - in my own words (so you should spell check it and make it more concise): IT involves software. Software can help managers organise staff records & create a staff database (e.g. wages, pay raises, etc). It also can allow the creation of databases regarding sales records (e.g. number of sales over/during time, net & gross profit margins) and give managers information on the sales of the company. Managers also usually have to work on restocking supplies of the company, so instead a automatic stock control system can be used where a piece of software automatically orders stock when the current stock level has reached its trigger point. ICT also involves the internet, and obviously electronic communication (e.g. email or video conference) help managers to communicate with others (such as information on the progress of the construction of a new building, etc). Finally, ICT obviously involves word processing (a faster, more precise, and correct way to output data) and report generation applications (e.g graph software, formula calculation tool generators, etc) managers (some of them who work on reports, etc) can use ICT to produce reports for corporate staff (or their bosses) on the companies performance.

Q2: The operating system performs important tasks like receiving input from the keyboard and mouse, sending information to the screen, keeping track of files and directories on the disk, as well as controlling the various units such as disks, printers, etc. An operating system also offers a user interface, giving the user the possibility to control the computer. Examples of operating systems are: Windows XP, Mac OS X and that UNIX, Linux crap. The structure of an OS is a group of computer programs that help manage the computer's resources. The operating system's job is to control the computer on the most fundamental level: it manages memory, controls access to peripheral devices and serves as a translator between the user and the hardware, providing the means for the user and application programs to tell the hardware what to do (it allows system and application software to control the hardware).

For both questions I could probably type about 30 pages for each of them... so the questions are too general. But anyway.. hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some ways you make money from home? [ 6 Answers ]

I started my own homebased business a year and a half ago and I've had really great success with it. I would love to hear how others are SUCCESSFULLY making money in a home-based business. Thanks and have a great day!!

Some nice little ways to annoy people [ 21 Answers ]

1. Specify that your drive-thru order is "to go." 2. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others. 3. Start each meal by conspicuously licking all your food, and announce that this is so no one will "swipe your grub." 4. Name your dog "Dog." 5....

Legal Ways of Determining US Citizenship [ 7 Answers ]

Are there any legal ways of determining if an employee is a US citizen and/or able to work in the US prior to hiring on the application?

Safe ways to deal with illness while pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Can we start a thread about safe ways to deal with minor aches and pains, colds, flus, etc, while pregnant? I have to admit that I've used way too many NSAIDS and other drugs in the past when I have headache pain or a cold, muscle aches, etc. Obviously now that I'm pregnant I can't take any of that...

View more questions Search