Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjs888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Turtle shell hole
    I have a painted turtle and the shell has a spot on it that looks like a hole but is not discolored or anything and the shell is shedding also but I don't think it is part of it shedding the hole looks too deep it doesn't look like shell rot pictures I have see online but I am not sure. Also the turtle has just started making bubbles sometimes when she is under water. What could this be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 09:09 AM

I can't advise about the hole in the shell but as far as the bubbles go, she is releasing air she has obtained on the surface. Nothing unusual about that.
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 08:08 AM

Is the hole making the bubbles or is SHE making the bubbles? If it's the hole, see a vet... If its her, it might just be a way of her telling you she is happy or hungry... I also agree with tickle, it might just be air bubbles.

DO NOT RATE THIS ANSWER

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Turtle Q [ 4 Answers ]

My name is mariela, my turtle is getting the soft shell disease, do you thing the possibility of it living is rare?

Is a dirt sump pump hole safe, rather than a concrete hole? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house in May and have been doing lots of updating. One thing has been bothering me, because I don't know any better... Our sump pump sits in a dirt hole about 3 feet in diameter under the concrete floor. Is this safe? Is this really dirty? I have noticed more bugs in this...

What shell I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I split from my partner 5 days ago we have bin together 8yrs! We have 2 children together I want him back so bad he says he don't love me anymore but I no deep down he does, we have been in this situation so many time and we have always got back together. I keep texting him and he blows me off is...

Turtle with soft shell [ 2 Answers ]

I bought two baby turles two weeks ago, and they both have soft shells. What can I do to help them, they just started to eat this week.

Help me with a turtle please. [ 7 Answers ]

Im getting one of those little green water turtles that people sell in malls... Ive looked on a lot of websites how to take care of them and they are all different... What do I need to buy/do to make sure its taken care of. I need to know everything, it's a baby green turtle from the water

View more questions Search